View Single Post
Old 20th September 2014
BS.Player Newbie

revand is on a distinguished road
Default Transfer to Chromecast from Seagate Wireless Plus is not working

I bought BS.Player android app exclusively for displaying my movies stored on Seagate Wireless Plus portable hard drive.
My problem was that the Seagate Media app (both on Android and IOS) is not capable of decoding other formats than the ones the used gadget can decode, so I needed a third party application to watch my films being far from home.
My favorite video player is BS Player, playes on my HTC One almost every video and sound format. I was very happy learning the news from this forum that from this summer BS Player is capable of sending video signal to Chromecast.
I was able to send video to Chromecast locally stored on my phone using BS Player, but unable to send any video coming from my external hard drive (Seagate W+) and either from a NAS on my local network.
Is it possible that BS Player's Chromecast functionality is limited to locally stored videos? Is there a chance to add the above mentioned function later on?
I spent a number of hours seeking a solution how to watch my films on TV, because I am traveling a lot...
I beleive that if BS Player will do the job, a lot of customers will buy the BS Player Android app instead of making a hack on Seagate Wireless Plus.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20