View Single Post
Old 13th September 2015
BS.Player Newbie

stupidbug is on a distinguished road
Default WORKAROUND: how to play two different language files

HERE IS YOUR SOLUTION!

I spent HOURS with this problem, until I finally saw the detailed advice to have two files. What the hell, I decided to try it:

-> THE REASON YOU NEED TO RENAME THE SUBTITLE FILE IS BEFCAUSE THE PLAYER IS BUGGY, and will play the same language in 2 different locations otherwise.

So just copy the subtitle file, rename them to be the same but end in -english and -otherlanguage before the extension.

Like this:
myfilm-english.sub
myfilm-otherlanguage.sub

and then you will have, for example, 6 languages show up instead of 3.

For example mine repeat

English
Spanish
French
English
Spanish
French

Before I copied I would have seen all 3 languages, but just 1 time. If I selected two different languages, they would still show up the same. After I made the change of copying, I could select this for the first one:
English <-- first subtitle
Spanish
French
English
Spanish
French

and this for the second one
English <-- first subtitle
Spanish
French
English
Spanish <-- second subtitle
French

If you are getting your subtitle from a single file, it is NOT possible to set it this way
English <--- first subtitle xxxxxxx not possible!!!
Spanish
French <--- second subtitle xxxxxx not possible!!!

If you did it this way, the same language would be played at top and bottom.

This is a bug, since why wouldn't that work? But it doesn't.

The workaround works fine!

Note that I experienced the same issue otehrs reported, where the two subtitles would match. So take this as a bug report and hopefully in future versions the workaround !!!

Thanks for a great player, team.

(technical information: in my case my subtitle file consisted of a an .idx and a .sub file, so after the copy I had two sets of files ...-english.idx and ...-english.sub and the same for another language.)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20