Thread: Overlay problem
View Single Post
Old 9th August 2002
BS.Player Newbie

Yabba02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Overlay problem

I have a problem with BSPlayer from version 0.84 on ... In previous versions overlay didn't work at all in my ATI all-in Wonder 128 graphics card, but from 0.84 on it began working in Mode 1. With no overlay I had really jerky playback, with overlay working quality is excellent.

But sometimes overlay stops working. I see an "Overlay Failed" message, but video quality is still good. The big problem is that I use BSPlayer for its easyness with .ini files, I use it with a launcher program and launch differents versions of the same film, but with audio in spanish or in its original language, and with or without subtitles. I also use 2 audio chains in WMA with excellent results, but I use them as 2 separate .wma files. I found it helps to achieve smooth playback, 2 wma chains into an .avi always produced "jumps", non-smooth playback ( excuse my bad english :) ). But if overlay fails, the rest of the .ini won't load and execute, so the whole thing fails :(

I have an AMD Athlon 1,2 Ghz, 256 Mb RAM, Windows 2000 . I have already updated the graphics card and AGP drivers, and after update everything works fine ... but after a few days problems start.

I think I have already tried every possible configuration... please, help me, I don't want to spend the remainings of my youth learning how to use MicroDVD's painful .ini files ... :)

Thank you all on advance ...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20