View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2003
BS.Player Newbie

roms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default subtitles, overlay etc on bsplayer v1

when I open a movie which has subtitles in the same directory with the same name (eg xmen2.avi and xmen2.srt), the movie is automatically loaded in overlay mode 2, which means that subtitles appear 2 times, and that if i disable subtitles it's okay, it appears 1 time, but I cant set the font size, color, position (like it did before with overlay mode 2 on previous bsplay versions). and I . cant change the overlay mode (well it looks like i can but it keeps on overlay mode 2, even if mode 1 or any other mode is checked).

but if i rename the subtitle file and open them manually after having openned the movie it works fine, i can use the overlay mode I want, and everything's okay.

the problem is : when I burnt my divx cds, I put the same name for the movie and subs.

what can I do to open them in mode 1 ? (well I can copy the files on hd and rename them when I want to play a movie, or I can re-burn all my movies which have subtitles. but I hope there is a more simple solution).

I found that on other players (win media player 4instance) subtitles appeared in the same way as in bsplayer with oevrlay mode 2 and subs disabled. maybe in this mode they can be disabled, or at least parametrable outside bsplayer (but I cant find where (i'm using XPpro))

help !

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20