View Single Post
Old 27th November 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Turbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default problems watching FLCL

I downloaded FLCL in ogm format ([AC] rip). They use Xvid for video and Ogg for audio. The prob is, when there is a point where the subs should come up, BSplayer crashes. I can watch it if I disable subs, but I prefer Japanese sound, and without the subs I don't understand a word from it.
With version 8x, I can disable subs in BSplayer itself, but that leaves me with the same prob. In BSplayer 1 (newest version), if I disable subs, it will not even load the movie, it will crash (thats a known bug I believe).

If I uninstall the Xvid codec, the player will load and the video will use the Ahead Nero Mpeg codec. But without subs.

I tried virtually every option in the menus, and I either run it without subs, or it crashes the first time a subtitle appears.

I attached the error file which XP wants to send, I assume it holds the details on the crash (memory locations, etc. Got no idea, really)

I use Windows XP Pro with SP1, on a AMD Athlon XP+ running at 1600Mhz, with 256 megs of DDR333 ram and a Geforce MX440 video card with 64 megs of ram on it. No other OGM video I have acts like this, only the FLCL eps I have (all of them).
Attached Files
File Type: zip appcompat.zip (1.4 KB, 8 views)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20