Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Answered And Solved Questions

Answered And Solved Questions A good place to check before you post your question. All answered / solved posts are archived here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 7th February 2008
BS.Player Power User

Digiface is an unknown quantity at this point

I just installed FLV splitter and started to use BSPlayer for .flv files instead of MPC. I also added FLV as BSPlayer file type, so FLV files opens with BSPlayer by default. Works fine.
Old 7th February 2008
BS.player Regular User

speedtrap is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by J7N
You should make sure that the Flash files are not detected as MPEG audio. While installing ffdshow you should always select only the required formats, especially pay attention that MP1 and MP2 is disabled.

This entry enables MPEG Layer II in Ogm and Matroska, but you have to make the choice which is more needed – FlashVideo or these cases.
It is absolutely not needed to disable MP1/MP2 in ffdshow. That has nothing to do with playback of Flash videos.
Old 7th February 2008
BS.Player Power User

Digiface is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by J7N
You should make sure that the Flash files are not detected as MPEG audio. While installing ffdshow you should always select only the required formats, especially pay attention that MP1 and MP2 is disabled.

This entry enables MPEG Layer II in Ogm and Matroska, but you have to make the choice which is more needed – FlashVideo or these cases.
It is absolutely not needed to disable MP1/MP2 in ffdshow. That has nothing to do with playback of Flash videos.
Yeah, i got them enabled and FLV videos works fine.
Old 8th February 2008
BS.Player Power User

J7N is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
When I start playback BSPlayer only loads the MP3-Decoder (Fraunhofer), so there's no video at all only audio, playing about 5x too fast.
2. Someone recently asked me to rip some crap FLVs. Since I needed MP2, I had enabled its decoding. Flash splitted wasn't used as ffdshow took priority and treated the file as MPEG audio.

3. I am certain there were one other report about FLV playing as Mp3 somewhere.
Old 10th February 2008
BS.Player Newbie

SuperNoVader is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I don't use ffdshow for MPEG anyway.

Concerning what you said about MP3, I thought it would be correct if an mp3 codec loads, as flash usually contains MP3 audio, doesn't it?

Just did some more testing with more flv files and found out that about half of them play correctly with BS Player + ffdshow. hm...

Tags
flv, play