Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Answered And Solved Questions

Answered And Solved Questions A good place to check before you post your question. All answered / solved posts are archived here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 22nd January 2009
BS.Player Newbie

sybil_vane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default can't seem to get rid of bs player start page on firefox

hello there.

i've tried it all and nothing seems to be working. i don't even have bs player anymore, i've uninstalled it to see if that would solve the problem. plus, i've uninstalled and reinstalled firefox and when i launched it, it appeared again on the main page. i tried to go to control panel - internet options - and i've changed the home page address over and over again and nothing happened. i even went to regedit, searched for all the terms i could think of (webteh, bs, player) and erased all the entries directly connected to the bs player. again, no luck. i have downloaded the ccleaner and even that doesn't work. although in ccleaner the bsplayer-start page keeps on appearing in the list of items to-erase and after i push the 'ok' button, it appears again in the list of erased items. but still, it's there.

can someone help me on this?
i don't have anything against the bs player start page... but its persistence in remaining there is worrying me.

thank you in advance.
Old 22nd January 2009
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road
Default bsplayer-search home page preferences in Firefox web browser

"... i tried to go to control panel - internet options - and i've changed the home page address over and over again and nothing happened."

By doing that you will set home page for Internet Explorer, and not for Firefox.

To set home page for Firefox, open it and go to Tools>Options> General tab> Home page. Here you can set any other page you would like to show at FF startup, or delete www.bsplayer-search.com as your home page.

There is really NO need for regedit, ccleaner or any other program to remove bsplayer-search.com showing as a home page of your web browser, because it can be removed very quickly and easily from the browser itself. (IE, FF, Chrome...)
Old 22nd January 2009
BS.Player Newbie

sybil_vane is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought it could be some kind of a bug and after all, it was simpler than what I thought... :oops:

Thank you stranger, it worked!
:D
Old 23rd January 2009
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road
Default BS.Player Control Bar browser home page

You are welcome.

Tags
firefox, page, player, rid, start