Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Answered And Solved Questions

Answered And Solved Questions A good place to check before you post your question. All answered / solved posts are archived here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 9th May 2009
BS.Player Newbie

ImPerfect is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i cant play .rar files in windows 7

i have bsplayer 2.40 + umek and when i try to play .rar movies he get an error message telling me the codec is missing (UAC is disable)

can someone please tell me any solution? (sorry for the bad english)
Old 10th May 2009
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Well, then - most probably - it could be a codec is missing?
The information ".rar-movies" only means that the movie-file is "rarred"/compressed/zipped/archived and it doesn't (on its own) conclusively tell what possible codec is needed. What kind of movie-file is inside the archive?
Did you - at installation - allow BS.Player to install codecs/filters locally (i.e. for BS.Player's own 'internal' use only, so not interfering with others)?
If not, you can still do this by going to BS.Player's installation folder and running "bspcodecdl.exe" from there.
(http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-reports-codecs/2939-list-codecs-optional-if-bs-player-codec-manager-used.html#post8355)
Further, maybe it's even a better idea to first find out what codec it concerns for the file(s) under consideration?
In this connection please read item (3) of my Help2Help-post (maybe you have to unrar the file first for the utilities suggested there).
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 12th May 2009
BS.Player Newbie

ImPerfect is an unknown quantity at this point

codecs are instaled correct, uac is disable, in archive is .avi file but still getting "codec missing" error !!
Old 12th May 2009
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
....In this connection please read item (3) of my Help2Help-post (maybe you have to unrar the file first for the utilities suggested there).
Very first line of item (3) of my Help2Help-post
Quote:
... make sure to include in your post the type of the (video)file, in which connection it is important to know that just mentioning that it is an .avi-file doesn't really help.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 12th May 2009
BS.Player Master

Default Request to Windows7 users

Can any Windows7 user please share its experiences and confirm (or deny) this issue concerning .rar moviefiles?
Old 12th May 2009
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

As you all know, I am using 7 from several months now without such problems.
Old 13th May 2009
BS.player Regular User

residentour is an unknown quantity at this point

I am using BSplayer on Windows 7 for months and I had that problem with early win 7 builds. I solved that by using "compability mode". Using Vista Compability can open Rar compressed movie files. Microsoft fixed that issue ; so using 7077 or 7100 builds are the best ways to use Bsplayer.

Tags
files, play, rar, windows