Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > BSPlayer for Android
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 9th September 2012
BS.Player Newbie

zenith is on a distinguished road
Question Questions about LAN playback

Hi,

I own a Transformer Prime and I was trying to watch a 720p movie using WiFi from my NAS.

BS Player Lite is installed and it played the movie much better than the other players I tried, but it still had stutters every 8-10 minutes or so that lasted for about 1-3 minutes, then it seemed to catch up and play well again for 10-15 minutes.
It gets a bit annoying though - any ideas on how to improve the experience?

I looked at the online manual here: Manual - BS.Player wiki
But that seems to be outdated and in need of some updates.

Also, what difference (as in size) does the different buffer sizes do? I tried Large already, to no help.

As another thread is asking, what is the "high performance wifi playback" option?

I also tried setting the TFP into "Performance" mode, but that did not help.

What kills me is that it plays great for so long, and then it stutters. I had partial success with trying to rewind a bit and let it buffer, then forward back to where I was - but nothing consistent.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for you help!

Tags
lan, nas, playback, questions, stutter, wifi