Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 19th November 2010
BS.Player Newbie

alexgalan is on a distinguished road
Default Keyboard shortcuts don't work...

Hey, this is an annoying thing, cos I was so used to use the keyboard with BS... I don't know why it doesn't work.
I have reinstalled it twice and I reseted the menu dialog "Keys and WinLirc" and still not working.
By the way, the keyboard works perfectly in other programs, such as Firefox.

Thanks in advance!
Old 19th November 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Sorry I forgot to say that it is the free version 2.56.
I have read thousands of threads and I can't find the solution.
Old 19th November 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

No such problem here!
Any special type of keyboard?
Any chance another application you're running uses the same keys as defined for BS.Player as global keys?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 19th November 2010
BS.Player Newbie

(I'm sorry, in which do I have to post it??) No special keyboard and the global keys thing is disabled...
Old 19th November 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

So I assume you're using standard legacy keyboard and no multimedia keys.
Unfortunately no answer concerning any other application which may steal focus or use global keys.
Maybe you can test if something has perhaps gone wrong with BS.Player's settings-file as follows:
(1) exit BS.Player
(2) rename the file "BSplayer.xml" to something different
(With respect to the location of this file, please read this post (click here))
(3) start BS.Player (which will then create a new settings file with all default settings)
If keyboard keys now work, I'm afraid your initial settings have gone wrong somehow. BS.Player has now created a new one, but if you changed settings before, you'll have to do that again.
If nothing has changed, you can if you wish (while BS.Player not running) re-enable your old settingsfile by deleting the newly created "BSplayer.xml"-file and renaming back the old file.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 23rd November 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Thanks Peter for your explanation, but it still doesn't work. I don't know what the hell is going on... I'll have to use it without the keyboard, what was really comfortable... Thanks again!

Tags
keyboard, shortcuts, work