Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 19th September 2012
BS.Player Newbie

buludag89 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation BS Player with Windows 8 Problems

I have windows 8 in my PC. But here is the problem. When i install bs player windows 8, I CANT use METRO or MODERN interface yet. It doesnt work anymore.. Pls help me
Old 20th September 2012
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road

I don't get it. Can you give more info?
Old 20th September 2012
BS.Player Newbie

Default I setup bs player in windows 8 but metro application doesnt work :S

Here is screen shot. If i install bs player, metro application doesnt work any more :S I click application with my mouse but doesnt work :S

Old 21st September 2012
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

As far as aI know, in Windows 8 there is no more EVR available. By default, at install, BSPlayer assumes EVR as primary rendering option. So, at this point you can do 2 things

1. Swich to another rendering method ( options -> preferences -> video -> rendering method and swich to one that will work.
3. Apply EVR patch described here:
Windows 8 Enterprise-N EVR Fix
Old 23rd September 2012
BS.Player Newbie

i try but it doesnt work again
Old 4th November 2012
BS.Player Newbie

Adreno is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by buludag89 View Post
I have windows 8 in my PC. But here is the problem. When i install bs player windows 8, I CANT use METRO or MODERN interface yet. It doesnt work anymore.. Pls help me
I can confirm the problem. I have W8 Enterprise x86 now, but it also happened in RP. As far as I've seen, the problem happens after BSP associates file formats. This problem gave me a lot of headaches having to refresh W8 Release Preview after installing BSP. Now I made a system backup before installing, then a restore after seeing the bug is still on.

If someone is interested:
Video Chipset: Ati Mobility Radeon HD3650 (Drv. ver. 8.970.100.3000 - compatibility W7)
Security Software: Comodo Firewall 5.10 + Avast Free AV
Other relevant software: TuneUp Utillities 2012
Old 19th November 2012
BS.Player Newbie

JeepWillys58 is on a distinguished road
Default Problems with apps on Windows 8 start menu

I came to this forum, as a colleague pointed me to the bsplayer as being a good player videos, my operating system is windows 8 PRO pack with WMC, but since I installed this player can not access the applications from the Windows Store, as mail, maps, microsoft Solitaire Colection, and everyone else that worked perfectly until I install BS Player, tried everything, including the addition of EVR.dll because I am a member of My Digital Life Forum and nothing, still blocking access to store and the apps I downloaded, so I come to you in search of a solution, I have done a system recovery because by default create images of him before installing any software, but just install the BS that hangs all over again.

PS: I have also installed VLC and it does not crash any of the apps.

I await urgent solution.
Old 20th November 2012
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

For W8 N versions (no EVR renderer included), you must select different video renderer and BSPlayer will work, as already recommended by Adicoto. There is no other quick fix for this at the moment.

Different issues are inactive Metro and file associations, we are working on this.
Old 23rd November 2012
BS.Player Newbie

Default Very curious ...

I was warned by speaking what is happening to all users of Windows 8 WMC Pro Pack, did not know what state my opinion regarding the issue, I can prove in court that BSPlayer caused me when the installed operating platform in Windows 8. As far as I remember there is no law which ban my freedom of expression, and if I called BS Player problem, expensive Ico-Man, is because it really is a problem when this operating system is installed and it blocks the use of the features of same system, so I think you should worry about resolving the issue and not warn me via private message, because if they think this kind of authoritarian attitude will make me be quiet, at least they are mistaken, because I will not change nor one syllable of my statements but reinforces them.

I'm not saying with this that the product has quality, utility and many points which give you credit, so that to date, even after I use it on Windows 7 Professional x64, pointed to several friends and clients, but it needs to be corrected urgently to protect yourself and provide value to customers who have paid for it and who are using Windows 8 as I and more than 4 million users who have already bought, and statistically speaking, with approximately 675 million registered users of Windows 7 that will likely migrate to it. That within the 70 million customers that you have purchased or downloaded afiram the BS Player, probably 80% of these will pass migrate to Windows 8. That's what I mean.

In short, I hope for corrective action and not in the software attempts to silence you are not satisfied.

A hug.

Marcelo
Old 23rd November 2012
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Hello !
At this moment, as far as I know, BSPlayer doesn't support Windows 8. I am sure that you won't find a place where it's stated that BSPlayer suppots Windows 8. And that is because of the way Windows 8 works which is incompatible with BSPlayer's rendering engine. So, you are trying to blame BSPlayer that it does not satisfy you on false premises.
I am sure that the team is working to solve such problems, but, this will require a lot of time and programming so, I don't think there will be a solution as fast as you expect, but there will be a solution.
As for the infraction you recieved, it's because of your language. You can say same things in nice words.
Old 26th November 2012
BS.Player Newbie

javitennis is on a distinguished road
Default Any idea to fix the problem without reinstalling Windows 8

I've the same problem and I understand that the BS.Player team need time to evaluate the issue and find a solution but in my case after unnistalling BS.Player the Modern UI doesn't work... Existe any action or configuration that I can do to it works again without reinstalling Windows 8?
Thanks!
Old 3rd December 2012
BS.Player Newbie

Default Solution...

Quote:
Originally Posted by javitennis View Post
I've the same problem and I understand that the BS.Player team need time to evaluate the issue and find a solution but in my case after unnistalling BS.Player the Modern UI doesn't work... Existe any action or configuration that I can do to it works again without reinstalling Windows 8?
Thanks!
Colleague, unfortunately you will have to re-install Windows 8, unless you have made ​​an updated system image to use as refresh, or else if you left active recovery system, unless these two options you will have to take the bitter medicine the re-installation.

PS: My condolences, after all you are another in a long list that will come until the BS Player is compatible with Windows 8. I rode two machine in my lab to test other options for video players and will recommend VLC which is the most stable yet.

Regards,
Marcelo
Old 23rd December 2012
BS.Player Newbie

fashion_m is on a distinguished road

HELP! I installed BS Player on Windows 8 and Modern UI apps no longer work! Please help! I've just installed Windows 8 and I spent whole day setting my preferences. But I didn't made a backup. Actually, I was thinking of making a disk image after installing BS Player. But BS Player ruined everything and I am MAD!!!
The problem exist in the user profile from which I installed BS Player. In other user profiles Modern UI apps work correctly.
Old 27th December 2012
BS.Player Newbie

Elaman is on a distinguished road

http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-report...-metro-ui.html

Last edited by Elaman; 4th January 2013 at 04:15 AM.
Old 8th January 2013
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

New beta is released, should fix W8 Metro issue . New W8 renderer is selected by default on W8 for new installation of BSPlayer, it should be more compatible with Windows 8.
Old 9th April 2013
BS.Player Newbie

lajcsika80 is on a distinguished road

How would I be able to solve the problem?

Tags
player, windows, windows8