Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12th July 2003
BS.Player Newbie

TA-RA-RAM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default overlay failed!-report

every time i'm trying to load a movie ( unrelated to file format ), i recieve the error message that says - overlay failed! WHAT DOES IT MEAN? HOW TO DEAL WITH IT? thanks :shock:
Old 12th July 2003
BS.Player Newbie

quattro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default this should work

i use to have the same problem, i would first try changing your overlay mode. If that doesn't work then change your monitors refresh rate. in xp do a right click on your desk top, go to properties, settings, advanced, monitor tab. on the monitor tab make sure the check box is checked to hide modes that your monitor can't display. you of course want your refresh rate to be as high as possible. lower your refresh rate until you find one low enough to alow you to play the movie. around 60 - 70 hertz is probably what your looking for. If that doesn't work then try changing your active desktop mode. this is what worked for me but if that doesn't work then update your ffdshow filter. if it still doesn't work then your video card probably doesnt support overlay mode or you have some type of software that is preventing your overlay from working. in this case you will just have to select force rgb in the video section of bsplayers preferences. :lol:
Old 12th July 2003
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

More details please.
Video card and codecs on your computer.
Old 12th July 2003
BS.Player Newbie

yeahright is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I had that problem, fixed it

There was a program called 'clearreg' that came with a previous version (?) anyway it was in my old bsplayer folder so I ran it, now it works fine.

BTW I dont believe changing refresh rates will ever effect any software.

I can tell when refresh rates are as low as 85. The screen flashes and warbles at me. Happens on all monitors, and I've seen a lot of them as a tech. Some people dont seem to see it, but I see it so well I am usually right at whether it's at 60,70 or 85 just by looking. The first thing I do when using a new computer is fix the refresh ;-)
Old 12th July 2003
BS.Player Newbie

quattro is an unknown quantity at this point

your wrong about the refresh rate not causing problems in bsplayer. if my refresh rate is higher than 70 i get the overlay error. the second i make it 70 or below my movies play fine. when i first started having this problem i found a few sights that stated the refresh rate was the problem and once again it worked for me and a few others. however bsplayer is the only program that causes this problem and i can't see a difference in my picture quality.
Old 12th July 2003
BS.Player Newbie

yeahright is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hmmm

Hmmm, ok.
Old 15th July 2003
BS.Player Newbie

vcom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default To fix problems with overlay failed

You have to engage the forced RGB mode in the video options window
Old 16th July 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Levis is an unknown quantity at this point

In my case I got Overlay error when isplit my screen to TV in cloaning mode. Card is TI4200 128 mb.
Old 22nd July 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Centerice is an unknown quantity at this point
Default clear reg function?

Hey, yeahright...do you (or anybody else out there) know which was the last version of BSPlayer to have the "clear registry" option during the install, and where to get it?

I too recall that option, and whenever I started having problems, it seems like I could reinstall and check the "clear registry" option, and the problem would often disappear just by reinstalling.

Tags
failedreport, overlay