Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 25th August 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Prefect47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Swedish letter in overlay subtitles

Old subject, and yes, I've checked the FAQ, and yes, I've read the threads on this topic.

The letter "Ä?" (a with circle) works just fine when I only have subtitles on the computer. However, when I turn on "draw subtitles on overlay" (or whatever it's called) I get the old "Ä›" (i with diagonal line over) back. Also, the font size seems to reset to the size of the OSD one, and if I increase the size of the subtitle font all that happens is that it is printed higher up in the window! My guess is that BSPlayer mixes up the settings for subs and OSD fonts.

Note: while I was writing this I restarted BSPlayer a few times, and everything worked great one of those. What I did was to set it to _not_ draw on overlay, then stop (not pause) the video, then set draw on overlay. Still can't change the font size though... :)
Old 26th August 2003
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Swedish letter in overlay subtitles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prefect47
Still can't change the font size though... :)
I've been able to reproduce this phenomenon where the fontsize indeed reduced to tiny (though it has nothing to do with OSD-font selection), but I can increase fontsize.
Have you tried rightclick on videoscreen/subtitles.../font and then select a larger size (instead of using "Increase font size", which increases only one pt at a time and if you start from a tiny font the difference is hardly noticable!)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 26th August 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Tried both ways to increase font size, none of them have any effect. I think I will have to use another player for a while undil BSPlayer's subtitle code is finished :twisted:
Old 29th August 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Birk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Swedish letters

Have you tried to change "Teckenupps?¤ttning". In the Swedish meny you can find under undertexter and teckensnitt. You have to change from centraleuoropeisk till v?¤sterl?¤ndsk.
Old 29th August 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Yes I have tried that - it's in the FAQ which I said I had read. :D

Tags
letter, overlay, subtitles, swedish