Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 28th August 2003
BS.Player Power User

trodas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default all versions fullscreen next movie load bug

Well, there is something, what really bother me. Its simple to repeat the bug - just start bsplayer, load a movie (oops, how obvious ) and then switch to fullscreen.
And now the fun begin!
Hit L, or what the hell you have defined a key to load next movie, and for example, just change into the line text Brotherhood of the Wolf1.avi to Brotherhood of the Wolf2.avi and hit a enter.
Well, next part is playing, that's fine, but what the hell is dont there the parts of visible fullscreen window?!?!
http://www.sweb.cz/bbone/fullscreen_error.gif

Any related fullscreen option don't help me.
BST, please, fix it...

...and when you do, please consider selecting from the load menu more that just one file - to, for example, just automatically skip to part two of the movie... Don't you agree that this is good idea?
Old 28th August 2003
BS.player Regular User

Feñiz is on a distinguished road

Yeah, this bug also appears if you load only one movie, then jumps forward or backward using assigned keys, and show and hide sometimes the user interface.
Old 29th August 2003
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: all versions fullscreen next movie load bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by trodas
..........but what the hell is dont there the parts of visible fullscreen window?!?! (gif=a black screen)
I'm afraid I don't quite understand what exactly happens which annoys you so much. Could you please clarify?
Quote:
please consider selecting from the load menu more than just one file - to, for example, just automatically skip to part two of the movie...
If you use the "right-click enqueue"-option (in the "load window" then shown) isn't the result exactly what you mean?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 29th August 2003
BS.Player Power User

If you dont understand, you probably dont look at the picture. Its supposed to be all black, except the PIP part of the screen, witch have different color.

The problem is the bothering upper and left corner of nonmovable/resizable window, what get visible, when you repeat my simple steps...

...could you please try?

Anyway, no, engueue either did not work as i want (to automaticaly load the next file, when one is finished played), or i dont know, how to use it. Perhaps you should help me?
Old 30th August 2003
BS.Player Master

Quote:
you probably dont look at the picture. Its supposed to be all black, except the PIP part of the screen, witch have different color.
Of course I did look at the picture but it seemed all black to me (see the remark in italics "gif= a black screen" in my post). Indeed, it's only now that I saw, after having studied it several times, that there are indeed two "shades" of black in it and that there is a narrow white line ("border") at the left and at the top (which I meanwhile was indeed able to reproduce and which line indeed also appears when <in full screen> "skipping" to the next movie from the filelist).
With respect to using "Enqueue":
If you use the right-click "Enqueue in BSPlayer" option for e.g. an .avi file when BSPlayer is not active yet, it starts up BSPlayer and the movie starts playing (irrespective of the setting of "Auto play"). If you then "Enqueue in BSPlayer" further files, these are added to the playlist so that the next (part of the) movie will automatically start when the first movie ends (or when you "skip" to the next movie). Also you can e.g. in Explorer select two files at the same time, e.g. "Movie CD1.avi" and "Movie CD2.avi" and then use rightclick/enqueue, both files will be added to the playlist and the first part will automatically start to play and at its end it will automatically be continued by the second part.

See my post:
http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?p=6693#6693
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 5th September 2003
BS.Player Power User

Dude, seriously "I did look at the picture but it seemed all black to me" - you definitvely need either a lot better monitor, or much strongler glases. The window crap on the top and left corner are so, SO visible, that i can't simply understand, how anyone who can read this text, don't see it. :roll:
Perhaps download the image and use ACDsee to show it fullscreen and then you will imagine, how terrible bug this is??? :oops:

"able to reproduce and which line indeed also appears..." Finally! So, you see this bug and like it? I hate it :evil:
Especialy because i using lower resolution for movie playback (sharper results) and monitor switch between full and window playback then took some time, so, this bug is extremly annoing! :evil: :evil: :evil:

And thanks for the Enqueue option explaination. Well, i select first part, Enqueue it - BSplayer start playin it automaticaly - and then add another and go watch - the catch? After the change to the next part, there are again the DAMNED bug with the DAMNED visible parts of the window... :evil: Hell with this! :evil:

...anyway, one more hint about the left mouse button - after i put the on top BSplayer video fullscreen, i NEED TO FUCKING CLICK ON IT, to make H key show the control BSplay window - so, if you don't using the control window and on top features, i maybe get the idea, how you can live with the left mouse button problem, but for me, it driving me crazy! :evil:
Old 5th September 2003
BS.Player Master

Quote:
So, you see this bug and like it?
Question 1: What remark made by me leads you to conclude that "I like it" ???? I quite agree with you that it is an annoying bug, but then ... it isn't the end of the world and bugs are there to be found first and subsequently to be repaired. I've full confidence that bst will tackle it!
Quote:
one more hint about the left mouse button - after i put the on top BSplayer video fullscreen, i NEED TO FUCKING CLICK ON IT, to make H key show the control BSplay window - so, if you don't using the control window and on top features, i maybe get the idea, how you can live with the left mouse button problem, but for me, it driving me crazy! :evil:
Now, I'm sorry for you trodas that I'm not having the same problem as you have. If I play a video using the "Always on top"-mode and have switched to "full screen", I only need to hit [H]-key to show the Control-panel (which can alternatively also be brought to "surface" by a right-click followed by selecting "Control"). So, I'm really happy that I don't share your problem.
By the way: I never have to "left-click" while doing at the same time some totally different physical exercise. I would advise you to also separate the two actions of ...ing and clicking and not to try to combine them. By separating these two activities you will enjoy both better and this will make your life much more enjoyable! :P
Question 2: Is it really necessary to use such rude and uncivilized language? I think your English would really improve and you would be better understood if you left out all the quite unprovoked and unneccessary strong language!

P.S.:
I've always been told that in order to become crazy, you must at least have some talent for that. I'm afraid that I'm totally inapt in that particular area!
Old 7th September 2003
BS.Player Power User

Sorry, when i remember, how much flustration this cause to me, i strting sveraing

Its fixed now, latest build is great! God bless BST!!! 8)

...well, everything has a small cost The feature i requested, to not resize window on fullscreen won't work properly. The movie is a little bit stretched still (about 1/3 size up?) and not centered horizontaly. Well, two good fixes and one quirk added - so far, good build! Maybe the next one are ever better.
Old 7th September 2003
BS.Player Master

OK, no harm done.
As I already said, I cannot be made crazy so easily!
Good to read that bst has taken your frustrations at heart and fixed this bug which apparently made you hit the ceiling! (I've not been able to download the latest 501 build (of Sep 6) yet, but I'm sure I will succeed when time comes).
Old 7th September 2003
BS.Player Power User

I have no problem with downloading my copy, well, try this:
http://trodas.mujhost.cz/xchat/bsplay.zip

...anyway, i get once the no riseze on fullscreen thing work - when have enqueed two files and bsplay skip to the next file, while beling fullscreen, its still buggy, but when i select the next file from playlist, then it worked flawlessly.

Anyway, when enabling/disabling On Top move (not only overlay, whole program) - enquee stoped working for me...
It happend from older builds, too. For my brother it woke well, until he try the top mode - then all stoped working, so he have to clear the register and set the options again to make enqueue working again. Well, nothing is perfect...
Old 8th September 2003
BS.Player Master

Thanks again! Meanwhile was also able to download from bst's site myself (so apparently it was a temporary problem).
Meanwhile also played around a bit with it and ... no problems anymore with:
- DivX5.1 and selecting "Preferences" while movie running
- disturbing frame at left and top upon change to next movie from playlist.
So both these "unwanted features" (to avoid the word "bug") now seem to be repaired.
Further I've had no problem with the Enqueue-option sofar.
(Avoid pressing "Open" after having "right-clicked/Enqueued" a file when making use of BSPlayers "Open (video file)"-window (=[L] or through the menu), just close that window (for the selected file has been added to the playlist already by using the Enqueue-option)
Old 8th September 2003
BS.Player Power User

For me it now working flawlessly too
...just wrong settings...

So, what's remain to me to be happy is working fullscreen noscale switch, and that it is 8)

Tags
fullscreen, load, movie, versions