Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 18th December 2003
BS.Player Newbie

sniped is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WinLIRC + BSPlayer

hi

when I want to assign the buttons for my remote in the section "Key definitions & WinLIRC" nothing happens. My remote works fine with Winamp (hurray :D ) but it won't work with BSPlayer :( , now somebody has changed the "WinLIRC address and Port" in my settings of BSPlayer to, and I don't know what was in there

could someone help me out? I would really want to use my remote in my lazy couch with BSPlayer :D
Old 18th December 2003
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Make sure that "Don't use WinLIRC" isn't checked (selected) under "General" (of "Options"/"Preferences").
Further I think the default adress/port is 127.0.0.1:8765
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 20th December 2003
BS.Player Newbie

ok, I was able to assign the buttons for my remote and it worked fine, but when I closed BSPlayer and open it again it seems like everything I programmed was gone. Now I have to assign every time I open BSPlayer

is there a way to save my presets??

thx
Old 20th December 2003
BS.Player Master

If you have exit-ed BSPlayer in a normal way, settings should still be there as far as I know. I don't use WinLIRC myself, so can't check for you. Settings should (at least that's what I think) be in file BSPlayer.xml in BSPlayers installation directory. Open it with Notepad and check if there's anything inserted between <WLIRCcodes> </WLIRCcodes>.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 21st December 2003
BS.Player Newbie

can't find a file name like that, there's no xml-file in my installed directory :?
Old 21st December 2003
BS.Player Master

What build are you using? (You can find it under "About").
Old 21st December 2003
BS.Player Newbie

version 0.86 build 501, 16 sep 2003
Old 29th December 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Zes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WinLIRC

Hi.
I have problem with WinLIRC too.
I tried it in BSPlayer (0.86.501 and 1.00.803) and WinAMP.
In WinAMP, there is no problem...
In BSPlayers (all version) before i open AVI file is all right.
When I open AVI than BSPlayer respond only 1 of cca 10 pressing RC.
(All of 127.0.0.1:8765, Keys&WinLIRC, XML are checked.)

Bye Zes
Czech Rep., Europe
Old 29th December 2003
BS.Player Master

You did notice that (remote) keys can/should be set separately for Windowed and Full screen mode (in build 803)?

Tags
winlirc