Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 4th January 2004
BS.Player Newbie

slurm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default subtitles displaying too long

In the new version of BSPlayer subtitles were allways displaying too long for me, they seemed to be displayed as long as new subs appeared. I tried to set the "Maximum subtitle display time (msec)" to some smaller value and I discovered that I have to multiply this value by 40 to have a real display time. It's strange, but it seems to work - if I set this time to 100msec, subtitles were displayed for 4 seconds. Sorry if it's a known bug, but I couldn't find any solution here, so I write it just to let you know about this workaround. Strange that not all of people have this problem.

Btw I'm using 1.00.803 RC1 and subs are in the <time>:<text> format (no ending time is present)
Old 4th January 2004
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: subtitles displaying too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by slurm
Strange that not all of people have this problem.
Btw I'm using 1.00.803 RC1 and subs are in the <time>:<text> format (no ending time is present)
I think you've already given the answer to your own question. In the type of subs that you're using (.sub ) there is no ending time. I think the vast majority of subtitles are "name.srt" which format does have an exact display time for each sub.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 4th March 2004
BS.Player Newbie

wpietron is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: subtitles displaying too long

BSPeter says:
I think you've already given the answer to your own question. In the type of subs that you're using (.sub ) there is no ending time. I think the vast majority of subtitles are "name.srt" which format does have an exact display time for each sub.

I have the same problem. And don't understand your answer, BSPeter. When subtitles have no ending time bsplayer shoud keep them X msec, shouldn't it? I have also noticed, that when MaxDisplayTime is set to 1500 it takes max about 60 seconds to have subtitle disappeared. What is more I made some calculations and it looks like this number is not MaxDisplayTime but maximal number of frames?!? Does anybody knows what is going on?

Best regards,
Wojciech
Old 4th March 2004
BS.player Regular User

private is an unknown quantity at this point

convert the subs to srt

Tags
displaying, long, subtitles