Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10th January 2004
BS.Player Newbie

V is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Choppy Video Problems on RC1 803

I've been using BS Player for a while now, and have had the RC1 803 version installed since November, with everything running perfectly. In the past week, though, video has started to get quite choppy.

At first I thought it was my computer, so I went through all normal PC troubleshooting things. Everything else works fine, *except* for when bsplayer is running. Then I noticed that the CPU usage of bsplayer was varying wildly. Normally in the low single digits, if I tried to access something else in Windows it immediately shot up 100%. It maintained the high 90s until I stopped using the computer and a few minutes passed. If *nothing* else is running it still works fine, however, this is causing serious problems with my normal computer habits as I usually stream video through the TV while I use the computer for other things.

Is this a known problem? It is only exibited in bsplayer, not windows media player, or zoomplayer which I am using currently as a stopgap measure. I like bsplayer best, and would like to continue using it, anybody got any ideas on what the problem might be?

Computer:
AMD XP1800
ATI Radeon 9600
512 RAM

Shouldn't have a problem, and didn't until recently. ;)

Tags
803, choppy, rc1, video