Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 22nd January 2004
BS.Player Newbie

victor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default can't play DivX

I can't play DivX movies correctly, I can hear the sound, but the picture is all messed up.

I suspect that BS player does not raelize that I have the codecs, because in the options/preferences, the DivX options are grey and I can't edit them.

any ideas on how to solve this?

thanks in advance
Old 22nd January 2004
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Are you sure video compression format is DivX? You can check using e.g. GSpot (See the 2nd item of my "Help to Help"-post; link at bottom of this post).
What version of DivX codec do you have installed?
(You can check through [Start] > Programs > DivX > DivX Codec > Decoder Configuration Utility)
If it isn't latest version (5.1.1.) I would suggest to update first.
(See this post for a direct link)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 22nd January 2004
BS.Player Newbie

I have the latest version of DivX, and yes the files I've tried were DivX files. I've tried most of my movies, and it's always the DivX ones that does not work.

I've also tried reinstalling DivX, but BSplayer still doesn't work with my DivX files.
Old 23rd January 2004
BS.Player Master

With a movie loaded, you should be able to reach DivX-properties settings through [right-click > Options > Filters] (etc).
(BTW how are DivX quality settings?)
Further in [Options > Preferences > Video] did you already try different settings of mode/overlay?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 23rd January 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Yay!! :D

It worked when I changed the overlay mode (whatever that is). Thanks a lot!

I have to say, BS Player is by far the smoothest playert I've seen so far. I've often had troubles displaying movies, especially in fullscreen. Tends to get very choppy on my old comp, but not with BS player.

Again, thanks.
Old 23rd January 2004
BS.Player Master

Glad that it worked out and that there is another satisfied BSPlayer user!

Tags
divx, play