Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 20th July 2004
BS.player Regular User

artam is on a distinguished road
Default Some items can't get translated

I briefly started to update the language translation and found out that there are some controls the translation has no effect on them:

- buttons in Playlist - [WID20] 106,..,110

and for some of the settings their IDs don't exist in the lng file:

- all that stuff in Preferences -> Equalizer (Frequency bands..., Center frequency..., Equalizer enabled, buttons Add, Change, Delete Default - moreover, these buttons aren't active at all... is it an intend? :?:

BTW, a longer time I noticed that in the BSPlayer install packages you don't include the latest translations from people that did post them here. There are still lng files of old versions included. Why?
Old 21st July 2004
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Hi artam!

Buttons in Playlist will be (almost surely) translatable in next build, only sections listed in ";changes" are translatable.
If you find a new section not listed in changes is (I think) only because the auhor has not yet created a check to that section, but he wants to remember of it in next build..

Regarding "old lng versions" is because BST release the program, and only then translators can translate it and post the updated file on this site.
Those translations will be available in next build..

Bye
Old 22nd July 2004
BS.player Regular User

artam is on a distinguished road

I understand those untranslatable and grayed items, I only had to ask... :)

But I don't understand BST's policy regarding translations :?. I have talked with many people using BSPlayer and they didn't even know that there is something like a discussion forum where to get language files. They simply use only those packed in installer or zip. They would really appreciate to have for instance a button "download languages" on the main bsplayer page that will navigate them to the list of downloadable new language files.
The second way is simply to update the downloadable BSPlayer package with the new languages as soon as they appear, however, this is not very comfortable for bst .

I already wrote some suggestion in general discussion (and sent also by mail a long time ago). It would be very useful that bst would send the newly added stuff to the translators and give them a week to send their translations back and after that week publish the new version for download with new translations (or old ones if there isn't the new one).

It can be managed for example in the way of creating registered translators list or something like that. Let's find the best way.
Old 23rd July 2004
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

I totally agree with you :)

Tags
items, translated