Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11th December 2004
BS.Player Newbie

ratavaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BSPlayer 1.01 and 1.02 not working with ACFilter 1.01a RC5?

Hi,
I've been using BSPlayer for a long time.
I've recently upgraded to version 1.02 and suddenly a couple of AVI files stopped working.
By testing I've noticed that the problem seems to lie in BSPlayer trying to use AC3Filter (version 1.01a RC5). Other AC3 codecs seem to work.
The effect is that the file is loaded, filters are available in the option menu the movie seems to play but no video and no audio is available.
If I select a different part of the movie using the position bar, subtitles for that frame are shown but no video and no audio.

I'm having this problem with version 1.02 and 1.01 while version 1.00 build 810 works ok.

Any suggestion to solve this issue or is it a known bug?
I like a lot ACFilter, it has solved a lot of compatibility problems with audio and I'd like to keep on using it.

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards
Paolo
Old 7th January 2005
BS.player Regular User

artam is on a distinguished road

The problem seems to be not in BSPlayer but rather in your system. I'm using AC3Filter 1.01a RC5 since it has been released and without any problem with BSP 1.02.

The problem you may have is other ac3 codecs or lot of other junk installed usually with codec packs - get rid of them asap, it helps, indeed ;-)
Old 7th January 2005
BS.Player Newbie

ratavaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the suggestion,
I've never installed codec packs (hate those pests...) but actually I've a certain number of codecs installed, I'll check them.

The strange thing, anyway, is that with any BSPlayer version up to 1.0 Build 810 - it is the one I'm using right now - everything works fine.

By the way, do you know of any software or web site that could check the existing codecs and give a fedback about configuration or installation problems or about conflicts?

Best Regards
Paolo

Tags
101, 102, acfilter, working