Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 7th July 2002
BS.Player Newbie

alpha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default various suggestions

Hi,

I love the player but have a few suggestions:
1 - Is there keyboard shortcut for the "Controls" that I don't know about?
2 - What about having an option in the controls be able to change things like brightness etc. This would be great. :)
3 - An option to only have options you want to show up in the right click menu. This will really reduce the clutter if the user is able to select what
options they use often and want to see there.
4 - Option to keep no history of recent files at all.

Thanks!
Brian
Old 9th July 2002
BS.Player Power User

xlv600 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can list all default shortcuts assignements thru [F1] key.
1 - With [H] you can call back or hidden the Controls window, is it what you look for? (You're right it's missing in .lng files, it should be added at Id #102#)
2 - For color control, there is no shortcut, but you can adjust them thru an OSD scroll bar that appears when you select the 5th line in the movie menu (don't show if your movie is Paused, tested OK in ovl mode 1&2). If using DivX5.02 codec remember to uncheck YUV extended mode!.
3 - This feature exists too! LOL!
Edit the command line that launches BSPlayer and add -menudef. BPSlayer will then use the menu defined in menudef.dat that you can edit to feet your needs.
4 - THIS is a new demand!!!
Old 9th July 2002
BS.Player Newbie

pepemosca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Doesn't work!?!?

Hi "xlv600"... I was reading your post.. and i read about the "menudef", but i can't make it work.
Is the syntax like this:

"C:\BSplayer\bplay.exe" -menudef

Because.. if is like that.. It doesn't work wih my 488 version

I need help
Old 10th July 2002
BS.Player Power User

Yes Pepemosca that's it! But did you edit menudef.dat. If you don't, you won't notice any difference.

I've just tested this OK:
"C:\Program Files\BSPlayer\BPlay.exe" -menudef

And this works too:
"C:\Program Files\BSPlayer\BPlay.exe" "G:\D'Artagnan\Film.avi" -fs -stime=120 -menudef -skin=BadCop

-nsub option do not work with vobsub, I guess it's only for embedded subtitling routines.
Old 11th July 2002
BS.Player Newbie

pepemosca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Still not working

i'll keep trying, but still not workin
thks anyway
Old 12th July 2002
BS.Player Newbie

alpha is an unknown quantity at this point

Hm.. it's strange, I click the 'color controls' option but nothing happens. No menu, popup, nothing. I've tried with many different video files. Anyone know what the problem could be? I'm using overlay mode 1.

Brian
Old 20th July 2002
BS.Player Power User

If this settings are managed by the DirectShow filter (DivX does, Mpeg1 doesn't) used to decode you movie, it should be available. But the filter has to be registered, I mean by using regsvr32 of course. If it's the case, in the movie context menu, the properties entry should show up the decoder filter, and should let you access to it's settings, quality,colors and so on.

Hope it looks like english and that it can help.
Regards
Old 3rd February 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Greatwolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you plz explain how to get that color control feature to work? I can't quite understand your explaination. I opened up the video file on one of my vcd's, have it start playing, then right clicked and picked color control but nothing shows up. Lastly, I'm using BSPlayer .85 build 492

Thanx
Old 4th February 2003
BS.Player Power User

I've tested various movies, and it seems that color settings only work with DivX (AVI) and MP4 (ASF) movies.

It doesn't work with AVI using Indeo, Radius.
It doesn't work with XP's MS V2.0 MPeg1 decoder, then not with VCD's DAT files.
It doesn't work either on DVD VOB with Cyberlink's Mpeg2, despite the fact that colors settings can be altered in the decoder properties.
(I have no XVID or OGG movies for test)

If you want to see how Colors settings work, play a DivX movie.
- Select Color settings in the Movie window menu.
-> Whatever the video surface, RGB or Overlay, BPlay will display a green scale on the movie (not on TV), ranging from -128 to 127. With Left and Right keys, you can move the cursor. With Up and Down keys, you can scroll thru Brightness, Contrast and Saturation.

Make sure that in the Quality settings of the DivX decoder properties, the "Yuv extended mode" is not checked. If you check it, the decoder warns you that color settings will be disable ! And indeed, Bplay will show the scale but moving the cursor will have no effect.
Old 4th February 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Thanks for the response. Do you know whether future versions of BSplayer will allow this option regardless of what type of video is being played? For example, I know in PowerDVD they have brightness, contract, and hue settings that affects the output of the video to screen. As far as I can tell, it doesn't seem to have the same limitations compared to the brigthness and contract controls in BSplayer. It'll work with whatever is displayed/playing on the screen.

Thanx
Old 7th February 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Any response regarding my last msg?

Thanx
Old 23rd March 2003
BS.Player Power User

I didn't know that PowerDVD could let you watch something else than DVD's.
Old 23rd March 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Is this board dead or something? I get a reply to this thread like a month later. :(
Old 25th May 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlv600
I didn't know that PowerDVD could let you watch something else than DVD's.
yes powerdvd lets you play a variety of formats as long as the codecs available. Only thing I don't like about it is that it completely screws up my volume control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
Did you already try this approach?
yes I did changing the physical brightness/contrast control on my monitor is a no no. That's completely out of the question considering that I already have it calibrated properly and second, it'll screw up the display for the rest of my desktop. Shouldn't have to do that just to make the video brighter.

As far as adjusting the brightness in codec properties, it doesn't work simply because there's no such settings for it.

I have been trying ffdshow out lately but I'm running into some problems with it. If I pick one of the codecs for mpeg in it's pulldown menu then the playback ends up as a blackscreen for me but the audio plays fine. I'd also like to know which video formats this ffdshow is capable of playing back. Like for example, can I uninstall nimo's codec pack and just use ffdshow as it's replacement? If you guys can provide a link somewhere that explains how to get ffdshow to work properly I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Tags
suggestions