Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 8th July 2002
BS.Player Newbie

venda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Subtitles - multi-language directory scan

I don't like to always set up ini files and have often several subtitles for the same film stored on my hard disk. If I want to chose a subtitle language, I can load the subtitle manually or select the good directory in the main option tab. I thought it would be easy to code and very usefull: to let the player scan the subdirectories of the specified one and to let then the user chose the language according to the directory where the subtitle was found. For example:

let be the structure:

-sub
-+-en
---+-matrix.sub
---+-eyes wide shut.sub
---+- ...
-+-fr
----+-eyes wide shut.sub
----+- ...

If "sub" is specidied as the main directory where to find subtitles, if the user loads "eyes wide shut.divx" the two subtitles will be loaded with "en" and "fr" as associated languages for the menu.

It should be quite easy to add to the features. Of course that is not the only possibility. We could imagine for example to add language specification to the filenames (i.e. "matrix.fr.sub")... any ideas?

Tags
directory, multilanguage, scan, subtitles