Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 31st July 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Aguirre is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Existing (?) feature? Command Jump time xx and other options

Ok, i don't know if all thoses features are available or not some post here..

I made some small films with a camcorder: most of them are small and i merge them into a big file for applying filters in one shot. Anyway, this is not an important point...

So i get mostly ogm file with various Audio tracks and also various comments (i created in srt files format). Advantage to use ogm is that i have only one file to manage instead of having many files for sub + movies.

I know bsplayer can pickup a given audio track as also manage subtitles and chapters: i can do what i want manually with the contextual menu.

But i also do a menu with an interface (which could be similar to an autorun in many aspect). So what i would like to be able to do is associate my menu with bsplayer.

For example, let take this movie:

I got a compilation of holidays movie made as follow:

Movie = 95 minutes

Chapters:
1. Introduction (time 0:00.00)
2. Going to the Airport (time 05:25.13)
3. Funny Michael (time 12:24.52)
14. End (time 93:01.24)

Audio track:
1. Original audio
2. Comments from me

Subtiltes:
1. Dates
2. Places

All of the above are mixed in an ogm file. When i load the file in bs, i can choose to switch from Audio 1 to Audio 2, go to chapter 5 for ex (or using the button next chapter/track) and decide in the middle to display the subtitles to get the dates or choose to be able to see the places name. So everything just working smoothly: i can "customize" the name to display for subtitles and audio track when creating the ogm.

Now, here is the problem. I made a small menu interface. In this menu, i took some screenshot for each chapters like on dvd in fact! I want to be able to run the movie with "special conditions": for ex if the user want to hear my comments or just the original audio track and pickup one of the subtitles.

When i do the menu, i need to use command line! For example, if the user want to drop on chapter 5, have the Comments audio track and display the places subtitle, i need to link the picture of the menu to a precise point in the movie with special arguments. For the given example, when the use will click on picture 5, corresponding to chapter 5, i have to run the movie with loading the comment audio track and the Place subtitle + start at chapter 5.

This should implies as for informations needed:

1. Find what is the cd drive letter
2. run the file from it
3. start it with Audio track x, at time y, with subtitle z (optional)

I know some command lines are posted around but not sure all these functions are shown. So i would like to know if it's possible and how.

Aguirre

Tags
command, existing, feature, jump, time