Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 9th December 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Carl Lewis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AC3 Filter

Hi 2 all

1) BsPlayer 4ever !!! :-)
2) When playing divx ao xvid with AC3 audio, AC3 filter properties is not present in the filters list. In previous versions it works.

HI :D
Old 13th December 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Fallen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AC3 Filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Lewis
Hi 2 all

1) BsPlayer 4ever !!! :-)
2) When playing divx ao xvid with AC3 audio, AC3 filter properties is not present in the filters list. In previous versions it works.

HI :D
I have same problem... Audio preferences ISN'T WORKING as they worked in previuos versions :evil: ... and there aren't so many options... and even i have 5.1 hometheater system I can't get S/PDIF work.. because I can shoose it but it doesn't remain!(when I go again to preferences there is no speakersystem chosen even i just put mark to S/PDIF... :? there are also lot of another things in preferences which doesn't work... And the worst thing.. i cannot find older version :(
Old 15th December 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
And the worst thing.. i cannot find older version
Give me an a-mail address and i send you 086.499 version.
Old 15th December 2003
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Do you use AC3Filter or intervideo decoder ?
Old 16th December 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto
Do you use AC3Filter or intervideo decoder ?
AC3Filter
Codec works, but the player don't display its properties.
Old 16th December 2003
BS.Player Master

Options->filters, AC3 filter settings are showed. All is OK here. AC3Filter ver 0.7, BSPlayer 1.803. What are your versions ?
Old 16th December 2003
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

You should also be able to configure AC3filter through (default)
[Start] > Programs > AC3filter > AC3 Filter config.
(Further - if you really need it - you can find actual version as well as previous versions of BSPlayer here!)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 5th January 2004
BS.Player Newbie

hugohenrique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default same ac3 filter properties problem here

hello all, I have the same problem. I got all the final versions, bsplayer and ac3filter, but the ac3 filter properties is gone. I can't make any changes I was able to do with 0.8 Bsplayer versions on AVI with AC3 sound. Even if I go to ac3 filter folder on start menu, the changes I make there don't work out on the movie.

Thanks,
Hugo
Old 6th January 2004
BS.Player Newbie

maGot is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the same problem. Think that's the only problem i have with bsplayer. Hope it will be fixed soon!
Old 6th January 2004
BS.Player Master

Have you tried reaching the filter (with a movie loaded) through right-click > Options > Filters > Advanced ....?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 6th January 2004
BS.Player Newbie

That dose not have any effekt. I can only look at the codecs there. And the ac3 filter is not in the list.
Old 7th January 2004
BS.Player Master

I apologize: you're wright. In 803 build AC3 filter isn't shown like it did e.g. in 501 build. (Had to find a movie with AC3 sound in my collection before I could test it.)
:(
Old 9th January 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Thats ok! Do you think it will be fixed in the next version?
Old 9th January 2004
BS.Player Master

In build 803 ac3filter 0.7 certainly is shown in filters. But only if is an AC3 stream. For videos with MP3 you must use matrix mixer if you want 5.1 sound.
Old 9th January 2004
BS.Player Master

Quote:
In build 803 ac3filter 0.7 certainly is shown in filters. But only if is an AC3 stream.
Nope, not with me.
Tested with 2CD-James Bond movie "Die Another Day" (XVID - AC3 48.000Hz - 2Ch.)
Played with build 501: yes, AC3 filter shown.
Played with build 803 (on very same PC) with AC3Filter selected under "For AC3 decoding use": nope! (played by Microsoft's quartz.dll)
Old 10th January 2004
BS.Player Master

Tested with my old HArry Potter 1 who has 5.1 AC3 audio. I'll search for an 2 AC3 audio soundtrack and test with that to.
Old 10th January 2004
BS.Player Master

Also tested with CD1 of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (DIV3 - AC3 48000Hz - 5 Ch.) and result is the same: AC3filter again shown in build 501 and not in build 803. Build 803 only shows Default DirectSound Device (=quartz.dll)
Avicodec render details are as shown below
(Edited/Correction: Of course these are GSpot render details and not Avicodec! Thanks adicoto)

Old 11th January 2004
BS.Player Master

This is Gspot you are talking about.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HP1.JPG (54.1 KB, 2371 views)
Old 11th January 2004
BS.Player Master

And those are the filters declared by avicodec:
Attached Files
File Type: zip DirectShow_filters_list.zip (4.6 KB, 87 views)
Old 11th January 2004
BS.Player Master

Quote:
This is Gspot you are talking about.
You're so very right of course. As a matter of fact I almost never use Avicodec, but prefer GSpot, so a very strange "slip of the typing fingers" by me indeed!
To even show you the difference better see top half (for build 501) and bottom half (for build 803) of the below picture for the same movie on the same PC. Under builld 501 AC3 filter is shown and fully accessible, on build 803 it doesn't show AC3 filter (picture shows the Advanced section).

Tags
ac3, filter