Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 3rd December 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Staff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default REQ: subtitles relative path

I don't know if it's possible to create a relative path for the subtiles directory but I haven't come across that option yet.
I.e. in DirectVobSub " ./ " means subs are in the same dir as the movie file and " /subtitles " means that the subs for the movie can be found in the "subtitles" subdirectory.

I'm using BSplayer pro 1.02 and all I found was how to set one fixed directory for subtitles. Since my movies are all alphabetically arranged in maps A-Z, each with its own "subtitles" subdirectory, I really need a relative path feature...

Can't be that hard to program, no?
Thx!
Old 24th January 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Staff is an unknown quantity at this point

BSplayer Pro 1.1 is released with a few fixes but still no option to set a relative path for the subtitles!!

It would be really convenient if BSplayer searched for subtitles for a movie in another directory than the one containing the movie itself. Like /Subtitles... DirectVobSub got it together, why can't my favorite player
Old 25th January 2005
BS.player Regular User

artam is on a distinguished road

Personally, I don't know what is your yelling for such a feature good for? In the opposite, I don't want to consider the subtitles from the other directory when just clicking on avi file!

If you want to run subtitles for the movie from any other directory, then simply create a bsi file with list of all subtitle files in any different directories that will be considered as subtitles to the movie and that's it. Running this bsi file you will then have the possibility to use shortcuts to switch between subtitles or audio tracks or... etc. etc. Fully comfortable.

Just leave this as is!

Tags
path, relative, req, subtitles