Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 30th June 2006
BS.player Regular User

Farlight is on a distinguished road

OSD
More OSD options, like cycle the movie name, time (yes movie time exist already I know) even the play list could for example. Write the play list direct to the movie OSD (and even select to play a selected movie like a DVD movies has if it's possible, then you could have all from news to chat information while watching the movie). A plug in might be better like winamp.
Old 9th July 2006
BS.player Regular User

test is an unknown quantity at this point

Full DirectShow support so filters like Haali's Media Splitter and VSFilter can be used, as they are usable in all other sane DShow players. Not trying to heckle, I would really like to see this done. I am sure it is quite possible because at one point in time in the past, these two filters were easily used in BSP. However since more "advanced" features were added it broke any compatibility with them, and likely many other powerful DShow filters as well.
Old 8th September 2006
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio
Ok, so it seems all votes go to "let the user choose the path where the settings should be saved."
BSplayer folder as default.
One more reason to do that ? I am testing Windows Vista RC1. One of the many new features is account control. You can't install a program that writes informations in your own docs and setts folder if you don't disable account control. I think most of the regular users won't do that.
Old 9th September 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio
Ok, so it seems all votes go to "let the user choose the path where the settings should be saved."
BSplayer folder as default.
One more reason to do that ? I am testing Windows Vista RC1. One of the many new features is account control. You can't install a program that writes informations in your own docs and setts folder if you don't disable account control. I think most of the regular users won't do that.
:shock: really?
:lol: this option is really needed now..

Any suggestions to make it work as good as possible with the less amount of compatibility problems?

Maybe the settings' path can be saved (by BSplayer) to the windows registry, this way it will be always reachable even if the settings are saved in non common folders. I don't know if some accounts will not have access to the registry too as for the directories (never used restricted accounts :roll: )

If there is no problem with registry writing rights, then I think that would be the best option :)
Old 2nd November 2006
BS.player Regular User

Farlight is on a distinguished road

Recorder
I would like to suggest an option to specify when to record the capturing device, what time/day/year and how long it should record basically.

EDIT:Never mind I can see this has already been mentioned. Sorry guys :roll:

Tags
features or improvements