Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 26th October 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Romulous is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Play Next/Previous File in Directory

Both a 'Play Next File in Directory' and a 'Play Previous File in Directory' function that you could assign to the mousewheel, just like in Zoom Player and IrfanView.

CM
Old 26th October 2005
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Just to make sure you know: such feature is available when using BSPlayer's playlist.
([Alt]/[E] ... then rightclick in playlist to load complete folder)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 29th October 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Ah, thanks for that, but I don't use the playlist, so a 'non-playlist' version of this feature would be a good addition.
Old 30th October 2005
BS.Player Newbie

PhoenixNL72 is an unknown quantity at this point

In version 1.36(bld 825) in the preferences you can configure the playlist to automatically load all files in the current directory when opening a file. That way you can just use play next/previous like you want to play the files in the directory and you don't have to worry about the playlist itself or open it manually.
Old 10th November 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Hi PhoenixNL72. Wow, thumbs up for that :D I went into BSPlayer and found that option, ticked it and restarted BSPlayer with a video file. A simple click on the 'next' button on the skin I'm using (KISS 1.0), and viola! the next file in the directory played! Yay! :D I would have thought that there would have been some performance issues with adding all files to the playlist automatically, but there doesn't seem to be on a folder with a small number of files - I will test it out on one of mine that has a few hundred and see what happens. Also, I was a bit surprised that it worked - I never have the playlist open because I don't ever use it. But, it doesn't matter whether you have the playlist open or not using your little trick - the files play when you click on the next/previous buttons. Thanks again! Now, just have to work out two things: first is if I can assign the next key to mousewheel down, and previous to mousewheel up (I'm so used to having mousewheel do this on another couple of programs I use, that having to click on a button on the skin to do it seems so wrong!). Second, when you add all files to the playlist, when the playback on one is finished, BSPlayer automatically goes and plays the next in the playlist and so on. I want BSPlayer to simply stop when it has played the file it is playing. I'm hoping there is an option in BSPlayer preferences to do this.

CM
Old 10th November 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Ok, thought I would post my findings:

-There is a big performance hit on having the 'always add all files in current directory to playlist' option on, when you try and play a video from a directory that has a lot of video's in it (I tested on a directory that had 1221 in it, and the delay upon startup - ie before BSPlayer played the file that I had double clicked on - was significant). Damnit! :(
-There was no problem in assigning the next and previous buttons to mousewheel down and mousewheel up :D
-There is seemingly no way to stop BSPlayer from playing the next file in the playlist when it finishes playing the file it is currently on. Damn - this makes that 'add all files to playlist' option much less attractive for me :(

So, a bit of a mixed bag. Yes, I get my cherished mousewheel up/mousewheel down next/previous file in directory function. But...I get a big performance hit on playing the first file in the directory (all my directories have a lot of video's in them - that's how I organise my media collection). And, I can't stop BSPlayer from playing the next file after it finishes the one it is on. So, I still think a play next/play previous function independant of the playlist is a good idea. The playlist idea was a neat trick, but it comes with too much baggage to be totally useful :(

CM

Tags
directory, next or previous, play