Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 13th March 2006
BS.Player Newbie

BowWowWow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Subs help pls!

Hi everyone!
I tried to find the answer for my prob but browsing this forum it seemed very complicated, i'm not very good in computers. ':oops:'
but i like to watch movies, usually avi and i need to use subs also.
i have bsplayer 1.37
i have no prob with the srt files (i load them manually if different name) but the sub files... i really don't know... sometimes they work, most of the times not... i have also idx but don't know what to do about them... do they work with avi files? is it smth i could do to see the sub extensions also?
thx for your answers!
Old 13th March 2006
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Please read item (9) of my Help2Help-post.

Further maybe also read these threads:
http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?p=23062#23062
http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?p=21326#21326
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 13th March 2006
BS.Player Newbie

thanx BSPeter!
i didn't fix my prob yet, but i'm trying hard. i read a lot of your post...i'm so tired...it's diffficult but...i changed the settings for divx and xvid codecs.
all the avi files i cannot see the subs are xvid. i installed and used gspot to see this (oh, i'm good!!!)
i installed subsync also but the program says the sub files are corrupted. but i really doubt this. i'll ask my sources where i did d/l the films if they can see the subs.
thanx again!
Old 13th March 2006
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowWowWow
i installed subsync also but the program says the sub files are corrupted. but i really doubt this.
Most probably the subtitle-file you're trying to load into SubSync isn't text-based then. As mentioned in Help2Help you can easily check by opening it in e.g. Notepad. If you cannot read the text it concerns a subtitle-file in graphic format. (Also its size will then be in the region of MegaBytes as opposed to about 20-50kB for a text-based subtitle-file).
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 14th March 2006
BS.Player Newbie

Oh i'm so happy! it works! i finally don't know what i've done but it was anyway what u told me to do...and it works..wowwwww :lol: :lol: :lol:
thx a lot!
Old 14th March 2006
BS.Player Master

Wowwwww, it's the end-result that counts. Glad it eventually worked out for you!
:D

Tags
pls, subs