Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 8th May 2006
BS.Player Newbie

xguru is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Open file - window size

Why is default size for "opening file window" so small ???!! Everytime after I open file I have to resize this miniature window and it makes me angry :evil:
Is here any chance how to remeber new size ??
Old 8th May 2006
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Options->preferences->general->remember movie settings.
Old 8th May 2006
BS.Player Newbie

xguru is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't thing window for movie but "system" window which is opened when I want to select file/subtitles...
Old 8th May 2006
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

OK, place your mousecursor at the south-east corner of that window untill the mouse pointer changes into a diagonal arrow (pointing both north-west and south-east). Now simply pull the window to the size you want it to be.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 8th May 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Open file - window size

Quote:
Originally Posted by xguru
Why is default size for "opening file window" so small ???!! Everytime after I open file I have to resize this miniature window and it makes me angry :evil:
Is here any chance how to remeber new size ??
I think he already know how to resize the window, and I think he want that BSplayer will remember the OpenDialog Window size for furter open tasks :?
Old 8th May 2006
BS.Player Master

Default Re: Open file - window size

Quote:
Originally Posted by xguru
Everytime after I open file I have to resize this miniature window...
Once you've resized the window and as long as you don't exit BSPlayer it will also appear next time in the same size as earlier chosen. But I cannot really imagine that your window is a miniature window. E.g. if you compare it to MSWord's window? It has a fairly normal size overhere. I don't think the skin has anything to do with it. What BSPlayer version are we talking about and what is your screen resolution?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 8th May 2006
BS.Player Master

I really think it to be very strange. Maybe if you select a different view in the window?
:?
[P.S.: you can close a file without closing BSPlayer]
Old 8th May 2006
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

It is posible to be a skin or theme problem. Just swiched my 15" monitor on 1280x768 and I can't reduce this window to less that a quarter of the display. Even in this conditions, it's more than readable.
Sugestion: try to change the theme from display control.
Old 8th May 2006
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto
I can't reduce this window to less that a quarter of the display.
Similar overhere: I can make the window as big as I want to, but I can't make it smaller than a certain size (but at this minimum size it still is quite acceptable and certainly not miniature). So no strange behaviour at all and similar to the average other Windows-application.
Old 10th May 2006
BS.Player Power User

J7N is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a small application for Windows 98 (probably doesn't work under NT) called PDDLGHLP. It's a part of PowerDesk Utilities (development discontinued). It allows to add recently used files and directories to the Explorer dialog and also remembers the size of this dialog.

On the other hand one could use a resource editor such as ResHacker to change the dialog size manually. The library containing this dialog is called COMDLG32.DLL. The changed width and height might make the Open dialog to look bad in some apps which add additional elements to it, like Sound Forge 4.5. I tried this solution under Win98.

If anybody wants PDDLGHLP ("unlimited time" trial) or ResHacker, PM me. ResHacker is also available for free on the Web somewhere.
Old 10th May 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by J7N
ResHacker is also available for free on the Web somewhere.
http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/
Really a great application

Probably this is the successor of that utility: http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/d10resourceeditor.htm

Enjoy :)

Tags
open, size