Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 5th January 2003
BS.Player Newbie

gulu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default cue/bin & rar - Playing

hi
i think it would be pretty kewl if bsplayer could play cue/bins or even .rars without burning/mounting/extracting the .mpeg aut of it. Linux MPlayer can do it, so it is possible :) and i think this feature would improve this player enormous so that it is even better than it is allready today!
Old 6th January 2003
BS.player Regular User

Deadmeat is an unknown quantity at this point

Its *really* easy to extract some rars or use Daemon tools to mount a bin/cue file..
Old 6th January 2003
BS.Player Newbie

thats not the point... i know that it is easy... but it would be pretty comfortable if u don't have to do that.
Old 15th January 2003
BS.Player Power User

JTHawK#2 is an unknown quantity at this point

bsplayer is a video player .. and not a archive program - so this function is useless

if u want to watch movies from archives .. extract them ..
Old 15th January 2003
BS.Player Newbie

I DON'T want bsplayer to be an archive-program! Inside cue/bin the mpg-stream is uncompressed, so there is NO archiv-program-work to do... same for uncompressed rars...strip the rar-header and you have a splitted mpeg/avi-stream! and btw I DO know how to unpack or mount cue/bins and rars! so DON'T fucking bother me with posts like "if u want to watch movies from archives .. extract them .." or "Its *really* easy to extract some rars or use Daemon tools to mount a bin/cue file.." What I WANT is making a suggestion how to improve BSPlayer and request a useful feature. That's what alternative players are for... I want them to be better than WMP and come along with NEW features! And not like most of you who only want "cool" skins or really useless crap like that!!! so PLEASE stop posting comments about my request! If u are not the developer of BSPlayer I DO NOT CARE about your opinion!!! :evil:
Old 15th January 2003
BS.Player Newbie

fejf is an unknown quantity at this point

cue/bin and rar-playing is sth. which linux mplayer supports since months - so just use linux and your problem is solved ;)
fejf
Old 16th January 2003
BS.Player Power User

JTHawK#2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulu
I DON'T want bsplayer to be an archive-program! Inside cue/bin the mpg-stream is uncompressed, so there is NO archiv-program-work to do... same for uncompressed rars...strip the rar-header and you have a splitted mpeg/avi-stream! and btw I DO know how to unpack or mount cue/bins and rars! so DON'T fucking bother me with posts like "if u want to watch movies from archives .. extract them .." or "Its *really* easy to extract some rars or use Daemon tools to mount a bin/cue file.." What I WANT is making a suggestion how to improve BSPlayer and request a useful feature. That's what alternative players are for... I want them to be better than WMP and come along with NEW features! And not like most of you who only want "cool" skins or really useless crap like that!!! so PLEASE stop posting comments about my request! If u are not the developer of BSPlayer I DO NOT CARE about your opinion!!! :evil:
i agree .. but i dont think that bst would do something like that :D who knows ..
Old 16th January 2003
BS.player Regular User

Movieman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I can see at least one use for supporting archives

I can see at least one use for supporting archives.
We have translations of movies in mp3 for those DVDs or MPEG-4 movies that have not been translated. And sometimes even when a movie is translated, the translation is not very good, or people just want to hear voices of the actual actors or they prefer different translators (each on of them is kinda unique in how he translates a movie). Anyways, for various reasons it would be cool to put multiple mp3 files to CDs with movies, so that one could choose from them. And archiving the mp3 files would save precious space that would be used for better quality of picture and sound of the movie. That's why I would not say that this feature is useless. Of course, why would it bother people to whom English is the native language?
Old 17th January 2003
BS.player Regular User

Deadmeat is an unknown quantity at this point

The best way to do this is to use ogg audio. This lets you encode multiple audio tracks into the video file and use BSPlayer/other good players to choose which audio track you wanna listen too.
Old 19th January 2003
BS.Player Newbie

narf is an unknown quantity at this point

furthermore mp3 can hardly be compressed. you gain hardly any space :-/
Old 20th January 2003
BS.player Regular User

Default archives

What I had in mind was playing an mp3 file that has just the voice of the translator, nothing more. Because it has many blank spaces of silence it can be compressed about 3 times.
Old 20th January 2003
BS.Player Newbie

i _believe_ you are wrong
no time for testing it right now..but..

if you have a mp3 file with many "spaces" meaning silence in it..imagine..these places contain hardly any information and therefore dont take any space you could reduce by compressing it. just a thought.
Old 22nd January 2003
BS.player Regular User

Default mp3

Go to http://www.dvdinfo.ru/perevod.phtml and download any mp3 compressed in zip, unpack it and see the difference.
Old 22nd January 2003
BS.Player Newbie

...Authorization Required...

and btw..my Russian is not the best ;p ;p
Old 24th January 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Tarambuka3500 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hehehe ;)

You're BOTH right..

If the MP3 is CBR (e.g. 128kbps all the time). it is possible to compress it a little bith with, say, RAR.
But, If it is VBR, the blanks would have already been compressed by the codec, so the archiver would do nothing...
do you see the difference :)
Old 4th February 2003
BS.Player Newbie

can-o-worms is an unknown quantity at this point

gulu...

one of the losers who posted in this thread was right... u should just move over to linux as u seem to have some idea as to how cool it is to be able to play bin files as is.

for the rest of u short sighted wankers.... i use linux, i never boot windows cause it sucks ass so hard, and think i don't know how hard it sucks cause i was messing with u were still wetting the bed.
here it is....
1) what could u possibly have to lose by adding extra functionality?
2) u don't have to download a cue file
3) .. and this is the BIG one, if the machine u download with is not the machine u use to watch the movies.... then u don't have to dick around mounting files across a network with daemon-tools.
4) as long as u don't have this function your player will suck ass compared to mplayer (but since your OS sucks ass anyway i don't suppose u care)

well... u can flame all u like cause i doubt i will even be back to check on this thread, just that someone pointed it out me and i couldn't believe how people could slam such an obviously cool function, one which i take for granted.
go reboot or do whatever it is windows people do...

gulu... leave this wankers be... go check out www.linuxiso.org
Old 9th February 2003
BS.Player Newbie

hehe... so at least linux-user understand my request :) but i still prefer windows because of the posibility of playing pc-games... and it should be a cue/bin-playing-mediaplayer in windows too so that you don't have to reboot if you want to watch a vcd/svcd :)

Tags
cue or bin, playing, rar