Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12th October 2008
BS.Player Newbie

SH1oN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Smart Stretch Suggestion

I use BSPlayer for DVD playback 'cause it's absolutely superior than other DVD playback programs.

But, there's one annoying defect wich happens when I want to watch on my widescreen monitor some DVDs or hardsubtitled videos that have 4:3 aspect ratio. It's that after cutting off picture when switched to fullscreen a half of 2nd hardsubtitled line or in some videos whole 2nd hardsubtitled line is also cutted off. So the only way to get the full subtitle is to swith to fullscreen with changing of video's aspect ratio and that gives me also abnormal and annoying picture to watch.

So I would like by this way to give suggestion to implement so called "smart stretch" option in BSPlayer, cause it's the best way (as much as I know) to switch 4:3 videos fully in widescreen with minimally abnormal and annoying picture as a result.
Old 12th October 2008
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

You can try to move the picture up /down by using Numpad keys 2 and 8
This way the 2nd subtitle line will still be visible..
Plus you can manually change the PanScan ratio by pressing "O"
Or you can uncheck the "Cut top and bottom of video in full screen mode" option (CTRL+P -> Video)

And enable "Remember PanScan/Zoom settings" (CTRL+P -> Video)
Old 13th October 2008
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

I think that SH1oN means by "smart stretch" a special subtitle option like many wide screen TVs offer for displaying 4:3 broadcasts with subtitles: these TV's have a feature to enlarge the picture somewhat unevenly (or somewhat distorted if you want), to the effect that the lower part of the screen (where usually subs are positioned) is treated different from the main part of the screen. Though this unevitably results in a somewhat distorted screen at the very bottom, it isn't really annoying and two lines of subs are shown without further fuss.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 13th October 2008
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Or you can try to load the video, go to full screen and pres Shift + 2 to force 16:9 AR. SO, the picture will get stretched and you can see the subtitles OK.
Old 13th October 2008
BS.Player Newbie

SH1oN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
You can try to move the picture up /down by using Numpad keys 2 and 8
This works, I can read subtitles, but now the picture still remains stretched at upper side.

Quote:
I think that SH1oN means by "smart stretch" a special subtitle option like many wide screen TVs offer for displaying 4:3 broadcasts with subtitles: these TV's have a feature to enlarge the picture somewhat unevenly (or somewhat distorted if you want), to the effect that the lower part of the screen (where usually subs are positioned) is treated different from the main part of the screen. Though this unevitably results in a somewhat distorted screen at the very bottom, it isn't really annoying and two lines of subs are shown without further fuss.
Right that, BSPeter! The central part of screen is relatively unchanged as for our eyes are most concentrated on it as we watch video, but other parts are distorted. Now by this way the picture is still alternated as if it's stretched but in a very acceptable manner.

Well, I only want to suggest "smart stretch" as improvement for BSPlayer. I mean I can always watch those "problematic" videos on some other player which has that option, but they never gives mi so quality picture as BS do. Thanks for help, and greetings!
Old 13th October 2008
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

A valid suggestion and/or feature request I would say.
Not an easy one to realize I think, but then again ....
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

Tags
smart, stretch, suggestion