Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 14th February 2010
BS.Player Newbie

nekros is on a distinguished road
Default [SOLVED] Black Screen appears during the playback

While the movie is playing, the screen suddenly turns black, although the sound is still playing. I will measure the frequency when it happens and update the post later.
Moving the mouse or touching any key removes the black screen and resumes the video. It is not my screen saver.

I am using bs player version 1.37, build 826. My system is Win7, 64 bit, I got i7 processor, Nvidia Gforce 330M.
I use ffdshow codec, nothing else. In the beginning the video won't display at all, so I had to set the video rendering in preferences to VMR9 renderless. Do I need any additional codec?

Thanks for your help.
Old 14th February 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Ok, I got it. Apparently my power options management turned off screen every 20 minutes of idle. So I turned it off.
Old 14th February 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

No thanks for no help given
Glad you solved it yourselves and nice to see it was such a simple "problem" (as I more or less 'suspected' when I read your post).
Also very good to see that an almost five years (yes 5!, which is almost a lifetime in technology nowadays!!) old version of BSPlayer is working well on a fully up-to-date [Win7 64bit i7-CPU]-PC (Very nice high end specs indeed!! I'm a bit jealous, but would have expected another video card.)
If - at any time - you feel BSPlayer v.137 (which is one of the versions I also have still installed on my PC) becomes a bit obsolete, why don't you download and try 'to-days' BS.Player? Free-version is (back to being) entirely free of any ad-support and you can decide during setup if you want to also install e.g. the BS.Controlbar; BS.Player functions both with or without BS.Player's toolbar/search:

On the other hand, if v.137 entirely fulfills your requirements, you can also take the position "if it ain't broke don't fix it".
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 14th March 2010
BS.Player Newbie

I usually a bit confused in the beginning so I ask questions, but I continue to explore and find solutions myself.
I have the 1.37 version because my antispyware program didn't like the newer versions of BSplayer, because of the addware that was implemented into it, no matter how harmless it was suppose to be. So I have it for a while now, I don't know if the latest bsplayer is clean for that matter.
But 1.37 is working fine on my new series F Vaio with the specs I've mentioned, I was surprised by myself. I did change video rendering option to see the picture, but otherwise it's crystal.
Old 14th March 2010
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Nice to hear about that. Magnificent piece of software, isn't it so ?
No, there is no spy/add/malware into FREE BSPlayer anymore.

Tags
appears, black, playback, screen