Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 28th September 2010
BS.player Regular User

synth is on a distinguished road
Default Windows 7 DPI Scaling - Drag & Drop issue

OMG people you have no idea how frustrating were the last several days.
I have a free version of BS Player under Win7 Home Premium and of course i use the DPI scaling (set to 133% because of big res.).

One day SUDDENLY drag & drop started to malfunction. All of the sudden when dragging a movie from the Explorer to the BS Player - the mouse cursor was jumping back as soon as you moved the dragged item to be within the BS Player borders. Weird!

Then i started to notice that other programs (like Winamp, Goldwave) are getting the same problem. At that point i was thinking that maybe Windows has a serious bug or a malfunctioning update.

Googling didn't help, and after some more trial and errors i FINALLY found the cause.

It's that little check-box in "Adjust screen resolution"->"Set custom text size (DPI)" called: "Use Windows XP style DPI scaling".

So just a friendly advice, if you use this custom DPI feature - for God's sake keep that check-box CHECKED.

Tags
dpi, drag, drop, scaling, windows