Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2nd October 2003
BS.Player Newbie

ernestin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help Pls: Codec to play MPG or Activate MPEG 3 layer in .MPG

Hello.
I recently installed all the software in my PC including (Win 2k).
I have some movies in avi format and others in MPEG2.
I installed all the previous CODECs I already have, and worked before the new setup of OS Win2k (the previous OS was the same Win 2k).
The Problem is:
For AVI all works fine
For MPEG (SVCD) there is no audio.
I Find that In the properties of BSPlayer, when I run an AVI file, appears "MPEG Layer 3 Decoder" but on MPEG (SVCD) does not appear. So there is no sound to hear.
Can you help me?
Would you please tell me What shoul I do in order to activate MPEG Layer 3 Decoder to turn on the sound. The video quality is quite good, but no sound
THANKS
Old 2nd October 2003
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

(Without video loaded) please check setting of "Output device" on "Audio"-tab of "Options"/"Preferences".
If setting is not "Default Direct Sound device" (or another DirectSound device) change setting. Then load and play video.
Does that work?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 3rd October 2003
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

MP3 codec can't play MPEG2 streams. Install an MPEG2 codec, it brings the video and audio decoder.
Old 3rd October 2003
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

See these posts
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

Tags
activate, codec, mpg, play, pls