Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 6th December 2003
BS.player Regular User

MickyFinn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default compressor/editor: best against cost

TOTAL NEWBIE:

MAGIX@divx site, will it do the trick versus the formats and hardware???:

AMD Duron 950Mhz., 512Mgs. SDRAM, SB Audigy Gamer w/1394, Matrox G550-32Mgs. DDR, Canon ZR-20 (dv), Plextor CD-RW w/Roxio 5.0 Platinum, and WinMillenium OS.

Edit: VHS, MPEG, AVI, DV. Can someone answer the question of whether the above compressor/editor can be utilized with the listed hardware/software?

WHAT IS NEEDED IS A "ONE FITS ALL, FOR A NEWBIE," against the listed hardware and software (particularly the OS).

THANKS, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL.
MickyFinn,

THANKS TO ADICOTO: The redirect to doom9 gave me the definition page , all of which are downloadable, so the learning curve against specialized terminology is going to be greatly reduced--to my benefit. Now, before I go into the expenditure portions of this "new" endeavor, I'll at least know what and how something should be approached.
MickyFinn,
Old 6th December 2003
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

I don't know something about the software above. For avi files i use and recomend VirtualDub, for mpeg files, TMPGEnc and for a link, here you are : www.dvdrhelp.com
Old 6th December 2003
BS.player Regular User

Thanks adicoto,

The problem with the redirect is that I have absolutely no idea what the terms that are being used mean???? If it isn't "plug & play (forgot the term should have been "PRAY")", then what is discussed really doesn't make any kind of a dent in this really thick skull.
Old 6th December 2003
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

If you don't understand then I think you should do some homework about. This forum is not the god place to start.
Old 7th December 2003
BS.player Regular User

THANKS TO ADICOTO:
The redirect to doom9 gave me the definitions page, which is going to allow me to make appropriate decisions on how and where and what kind of emplementation is going to be utilized.
MickyFinn,

Tags
compressor or editor, cost