Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 19th June 2004
BS.Player Newbie

turki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DVDs won't play even with PowerDVD MPEG decoder

Earlier posts have said that BS player will play DVDs if you had a MPEG 2 decoder.

I have Cyberlink PowerDVD installed. My PowerDVD died, I think with Directx 9. However, with annoyances, I am able to view DVDs with mv2 player using the PowerDVD codec. The picture and sound are fine. It can find the codecs and filters to play commercial movie DVDs.

However, BS player player doesn't do the same. On some chapter vob files, I get the music OK but too fast but no video. On others, it crashes with a page exception in the powerdvd filter. I have also gotten cannot open file message dialog boxes. I have observed no apparent reason why it does one thing one time and something else the next time.

I also note that mv2 player displays a line21 decoder, whatever that is, when playing it back. I didn't see that in the BS player list.

What is the trick to getting BS player to properly play the .vob files on a DVD?

Tags
decoder, dvds, mpeg, play, powerdvd