Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11th August 2004
BS.Player Newbie

kisianik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need help after virus and trojan attack

I hope someone might help me!?
A few days ago I had virus and trojans attack on my windows media player [WMP] (standard), and by removing viruses I had to remove some components of WMP. After that, BSPlayer (BSP) stoped working - when I click on it the folder in which shortcut was located would freeze, and nothing happened afterwards, I could get out only by CTRL-ALT-DEL once and 'end task' of the folder. I think, at this time I had v.86 (don't n know which build) of BSP. Previously, I had BSP in the package with K-lite codec pack. I think that some trojans could affect other parts of my PC. Anyway, I had removed all bad guys, and my PC is clean now. Next, I uninstall completely all (except zoomplayer - came with somepackage) videoplayers, and most codecs, and installed all of them back, one-by-one, not in package as previously. Still, BSP (now is v.1) is the only one which is not working - I have media player classic, videolan, and zoomplayer working fine with regular extentions (avi, mpg), not counting real and quicktime extentions. The problem is still the same - when I open any folder with BSP inside, that folder (system or shortcut folders) get froozen, and if I click on BSP icon - nothing happens.
When I uninstall all things, I had to remove some ACTIVE X components, but I reinstall all things back, so it should not be a problem. I also have Direct 9.0a controls.
I remember that before (long time ago) when I was installing Klite codecs (BSP was bundled with them), I been told that BSP requires visual basic runtimes installed. IS it Still requires.
I have Celeron 600 Mhz processor, 320 Mb SDRAM, and WinME (Iknow it is too old, but everything was working fine before virus attack).
If anyone knows something please respond.
I am interesting in software minimum requirements as well - something else could crashed as well (that is why I remember about visual basic runtimes).
I am planning to reinstall my windows soon, but I prefer to fix that problem without doing this.
If U will need any additional info, I will be back on-line in 2 hours, and than in 14 hours (going to work).
I will try all things, but i will need time for getting to internet.
Thanks in advance for all possible help, anyone can provide.
Kisianik
Old 15th August 2004
BS.Player Newbie

miku112 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the some problem. Can somebody help?
Old 17th August 2004
BS.Player Newbie

miku112 is an unknown quantity at this point

I found a solution. My problem caused by Norton Antivirus.

Tags
attack, trojan, virus