Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2nd June 2005
BS.Player Newbie

ACGUY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Great, Now theyve screwed DIVX PLAYBACK!

Divx is the only thing this junk could play well, now it doesnt even play DIVX!!!!! the latest version is SHITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

IT PLAYS NOTHING, NO VIDEO SCREEN COMES UP!!!

You suck Bsplayer!!
Old 2nd June 2005
BS.Player Power User

RafkeP is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally I'm convinced that BSPlayer is the best media player there is, but if that's the way you really feel about it, I say throw it in the trash can and never look back.

On the other hand : if you want to fix your problem: install a divx codec.
(or ffdshow).

Rafke P.
Old 2nd June 2005
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

@ ACGUY: Very informative indeed if you're looking for help.
:?
(Don't know why, but you remind me of another Australian user with similar posts in the past)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 3rd June 2005
BS.Player Newbie

I have uninstalled the horrible new version and installed an older version located on one of my disks, DIVX works again now.
Old 3rd June 2005
BS.Player Newbie

BSPeter what else is ther eto say, DIVX does not work in the new version ofd BSPLAYER, its not the codec because idivx works for windows media player, power dvd and every other player, bsplayer does not play anything, the new one that is.
Old 5th June 2005
BS.Player Newbie

giantrobo is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know about "iDivX" specifically, but I've been using the new version since it was released in Febuary to play all kinds of movie files, including DivX on my win32 box and haven't had a problem. I suspect that maybe whatever "iDivX" does might be the problem, particularly if it's a package that expects certain things to be be running from WMP for it to work (a codec shouldn't do this... but the world is imperfect)

The only extra codec I've had to install in the past 6 months is an Ogg Vorbis filter (which I thought I had but... oh well) to play .ogm video files properly.

Best of luck to you.
Old 6th June 2005
BS.player Regular User

buggaboo is an unknown quantity at this point

I noticed the same, however, try starting the movie without subititles, it helped for me

Is there some place I can download an older version?
Old 6th June 2005
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggaboo
Is there some place I can download an older version?
Yes, read under MISCELLANEOUS of my Help2Help-post (also known as "READ ME FIRST BEFORE POSTING")
item (a), titled "Older/slower PC?; Previous BSPlayer-version(s)?; ffdshow?" (2nd sentence).

(and while you're at it, maybe better read that whole post! Do subtitles make a difference: read its item (9); Where did you download BSPlayer?; What other programs etc. did you maybe meanwhile install/uninstall?)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

Tags
divx, great, playback, screwed