Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   MSN plugin for BSplayer (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=6509)

RafkeP 16th June 2005 07:12 PM

MSN plugin for BSplayer

Hi all,

Users of MSN 7.0 are probably aware of the feature : Turn on "What I'm Listening To".
This feature alternately displays the titles of the songs and artists you're currently listening to in Microsoft Windows Media Player.

A user in the feature request forum pointed out that it would be nice if BSplayer (your favourite mediaplayer) was able to do this too.

I promised to give it a try and here it is : my MSN plugin for BSplayer !
You can download it over here

To install it, just copy the dll in your BSPlayer plugin directory.
In MSN 7.0 Click next to your personal message, and then click Turn on "What I'm Listening To".

As always : feedback is appreciated.

Enjoy...
Rafke P.

Tizio 16th June 2005 11:46 PM

Unfortunally I don't use MSN, but thank you for providing always new plugins for BSplayer!! :wink:

as00 18th June 2005 04:20 PM

excellent, this plugins is very useful for not be disturbing when we watched a divx :)

it's possible to change the word "watching", by another like "regarde" in the msn message, because i'm french and it will be wonderfull if it's possible? :)

Erups 19th June 2005 09:49 PM

This was just what i was looking for.
May i suggest to change "watching" with "playing"?
Or, if BS allows: why not differentiate between audio files and video files?

RafkeP 20th June 2005 08:17 AM

All suggestions are welcome, thanks.
The differentiation between audio and video is already on my to-do list.

I was thinking of putting the film emoticon when watching a movie, but adding emoticons in this way is harder than it looks.

Anyway I intend to make the text completely customiseable, but it will take some time before I'm able to do it.

RafkeP 20th June 2005 07:08 PM

I made an update on my webpage.

The plugin now says "playing" iso "watching"
And for the French users I made a seperate build where it says "regarde"

as00 20th June 2005 11:52 PM

thanks for all french, this is great work :)

Erups 20th June 2005 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RafkeP
I was thinking of putting the film emoticon when watching a movie, but adding emoticons in this way is harder than it looks.

USually the first frame is always black, so an icon does not look that usefull to me.
But a nice idea anyway.
Thanks for your time mate!

RafkeP 21st June 2005 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erups
USually the first frame is always black, so an icon does not look that usefull to me.

It was not my intention to really use a movie frame.
Someone made the suggestion to use the filmroll eoticon from messenger (you get this by typing (~) ) instead of the headphones.

as00 21st June 2005 10:50 AM

yes the fimroll is a good idea :)

norm 12th July 2005 05:48 PM

great plugin thanks!!

any news on the 'film' icon yet?

and not have the 'playing' always showing, just the filename, and without the file extension as well?

would be very cool!! thanx dude

RafkeP 12th July 2005 09:19 PM

Thanks for the feedback, Norm. Really appreciated.

The next version will have :

- customiseable text (you will be able to replace playing with whatever you like)
- choice of 3 different icons : music, office and games (no filmroll yet)
- no more extention in the filename
- _ and . in the filename will be replaced by blanks

When will the next version be ready? I don't know: I'm currently enjoying life 8) , but I expect some updates by the end of next week.

Rafke P.

norm 12th July 2005 11:11 PM

thatd be wicked!!

much respect to you RafkeP, its a very cool plugin

shame about the filmroll icon, but its cool what youve made so far

take your time dude :wink:

RafkeP 18th July 2005 09:18 PM

I know it's only the beginning of the week, but I wanted to let everybody know that the new version has arrived : check it out at my website.

It contains all the changes I promised.
I didn't have much time to really test it (or to make a decent website),
so all feedback is welcome.

Enjoy,
Rafke P.

norm 23rd July 2005 12:26 PM

hey RafkeP

thanx for V4!

cheers
-norm

genohem 30th May 2006 07:38 AM

can work with windows live messenger ?

Hi, this plugin can work with windows live messenger?
regards

RafkeP 30th May 2006 08:16 PM

To be honest : I don't know :D
Maybe someone with windows live messenger can try it and report here.

In any case : it won't hurt to try. The plugin will not do any damage if it doesn't work.

mihhkel 31st May 2006 12:00 PM

Works fine @ WLM 8.0.0689.00_Branches (latest public beta)

RafkeP 31st May 2006 08:47 PM

Thanks for testing, mihhkel.
I didn't have the time to test it myself.

Personally I hope BSplayer will keep supporting my old plugins for a long time. (and also the programs which the plugins are intended for).

genohem 2nd June 2006 06:10 PM

it works

yeeeii it works man congratulations excellent work :wink:

newmember 8th June 2006 10:58 PM

What about this ?

I found here a nice program that works just fine for me. Try it, it's a nice one. It's not only for BSPlayer and MSN... Supports more media players and more instant messengers...

genohem 22nd September 2006 07:26 PM

perphaps...

Hi RafkeP , man u did a great work with your plugin for MSN, i have bsplayer v1.41 Build 832 and works fine. I have a laptop with bsplayer v2.11 but the plugin doesn´t work, if u can make some of your magic to put it works in this version it would be fine, if not, doesn't matter, i will unistall that version an put this one. thanxs for your time

Regards,

RafkeP 18th November 2006 02:03 PM

I just tried it with the free version of 2.12.941 and it still works for me.

Highlaj 27th December 2006 06:54 PM

Im using it
cool, but why is it a windows office 2003 icon when im playing film? :)

RafkeP 27th December 2006 09:47 PM

Because the Messenger API only permits 3 icons :
Office
Games
Headphones

You can choose which icon to display with the ini-file.
I would prefer the film scroll as mentioned above but the api simply doesn't allow it :?

aalr1986 18th April 2007 06:04 AM

MSN LIVE

Works perfectly with MSN Live 8.1.0178.00

Thanks buddy!!! 2 years since the plugin was released, and it works with the latest versions of msn
very versatile

Good job dude!!!

Walt Disney 27th April 2007 12:00 AM

Yes it still works

the icon still wanted

XilasZ 6th May 2007 07:38 PM

First, thanks for your plugin, it works well (i've been using it for a long time now).

I'm looking for something that do the same, but with google talk. I know HyperIM, it works but i would prefer a bsplayer plugin :p.

A google talk version of your plugin would be perfect. Can you upload your sources somewhere, so that i can try to do it ? (if i find how to change google talk message).

XilasZ 7th May 2007 12:01 AM

I found how to change google talk message. I made some working code. Now i just need to put it in a bsplayer plugin.

RafkeP, as your plugin works perfectly, i don't want to do what you already did, so i'd like to mix your plugin and my code to make a google talk version of your plugin. So can you upload your sources somewhere ? (and of course, i will send you the results sources).

BSPeter 7th May 2007 12:32 AM

Rafke is not frequently visiting this forum anymore.
Maybe send Rafke a pm (click on [pm] button at the bottom of his post or alternatively (and less easy) at top of this page click on (well, most probably) "You have no new messages" and then on "newpost").
Perhaps (I don't know) he has set the preference in his profile to "Notify on new Private Message". Then he will receive an e-mail, which invites him to check his pm box at BSPlayer.
:wink:

XilasZ 7th May 2007 07:49 AM

ok, thanks, i'll do that.

BSPeter 7th May 2007 10:10 AM

Hope you succeed!

XilasZ 7th May 2007 02:53 PM

In fact, i made it :p

right now i have a working plugin (but without any config file).

While testing, i even found a bug in RafkeP's plugin.
if i try to play a file "[XCT].Steamboy.-.Director's.Cut.[x264.HP.He-Aac.{Fr-Jap}+Subs{Fr-Ara}+Chaps+Cover].mkv", the message is blank in msn.

i'm just waiting RafkeP's answer and its sources to correct this in his plugin :p

RafkeP 7th May 2007 08:49 PM

Everybody's right :D :
Because of certain events I don't visit the forum frequently anymore and I stopped working on BSplayer plugins.
Every once in a while I drop by to see how everybody's doing, but a private message always gets me here sooner.

Now for the bad news : my plugins (just like all my other projects) are free and contain no ad/spy-ware, but they are not open-source (I have my reasons for that)

Anyway if you know how to send a message to google talk, you have already completed the hardest part. The only thing left to do is get the filename from BSplayer and for that everything is available in the SDK folder.

Concerning the bug in in my plugin :
The reason why the personal message is blank is because the messenger api doesn't like { and }. So I don't really consider it a bug in my plugin. The plugin could be made to strip out { and }, but like I said earlier : I'm not going to work on any plugins for BSplayer anymore.
Other than that I feel that filenames shouldn't contain { and } anyway.

Good luck with your plugin,
Rafke P.

BSPeter 7th May 2007 09:51 PM

Hello Rafke
Still very much alive and kicking. The pm apparently did indeed find you sooner. A pity that you stopped working on BSPlayer plugins, but you already told us that earlier.
Anyhow for XilasZ another possibility might be to team up with another plugin maker Raz. In this post he suggests "drop me a pm when I'm not around the forums and some one needs a BS plug-in". So why don't give it a try?

XilasZ 8th May 2007 12:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
As i said, i already made the plugin, it works perfectly.

So there is no need for your sources anymore. Thanks anyway for the plugin :p

Here it is for those who want it :)

BSPeter 8th May 2007 12:41 PM

Thanks for your contribution on behalf of our fellow-users, also using Google talk.

Tizio 8th May 2007 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XilasZ
As i said, i already made the plugin, it works perfectly.

So there is no need for your sources anymore. Thanks anyway for the plugin :p

Here it is for those who want it :)

Thanks, added to the list of plugins to be added in the plugins' list ( :lol: )
Do you mind to release also the source code XilasZ? :roll:

XilasZ 9th May 2007 10:25 AM

no problem, I'll upload it when i get home (and after adding something about the forum where i found the method to change Google talk message).

Maybe the code is not clean, but it works. Feel free to report any bug, strange things in the code or any request. And if you change something, upload the modifications here.

XilasZ 9th May 2007 08:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
As promised, here is the source code.

the method to change google talk message came from this forum
http://www.customizetalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33 but i changed a few things :p

And i used a simple timer class from http://www.cppfrance.com/code.aspx?ID=9374

All the rest is my own work :D