Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2nd October 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Kobal2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I really can't figure this one out

I've been using BSplayer for years, without a single problem. In fact, yesterday evening I fell asleep in front of a divx played with BSplayer.

Today, whenever I try to open any .avi, it gives me a "can't open file" error. I haven't installed anything inbetween (though I rebooted for the first time in about a month, so maybe that has something to do with it, although I'll be damned if I know what) and I really don't understand what's going on. I tried deleting/reinstalling BSplayer, Xvid, divx codecs, AC3, matroska, still no dice.

The .avis won't work in Windows Media Player or Winamp anymore either, but oddly enough they run fine in VideoLAN (VLC Player).

Any ideas ?
Old 2nd October 2005
BS.player Regular User

vittorio301 is an unknown quantity at this point

try reading this one that sounded similar to urs.
Old 3rd October 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Yeah I had found that msg, but I don't know what he's talking about - what's an AVI splitter ? I checked that on Google, but only found apps to cut a movie into chunks. Never used those. I still tried to install a couple, just in case, but nothing has changed.
Old 3rd October 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Okay, finally got it to work again :)

Turns out there's an avi splitter auto-included in the matroska pack. I deleted/reinstalled the pack, seems to have solved the problem.
Old 28th October 2005
BS.Player Newbie

rscaputo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi, same problem here

Hi I'm new on this yhings of players and I have installed bsplayer pro 1.36 (build 825) just some days ago because WMP10 isn't playing dvix files...
then my brother said this one can do, but it never worked and it keep saying that "can't open file" message every time I try play divix files...
I saw your post and I've tried to instal this matroska pack but it didn't work out too...
The only player that works seens to be this VLC, but I would like to use this BSplayer because everybody keep saying It's the best...
So do you know how to install this avi splitter or how can I fix this problem some other way???
Thanx a lot...
Old 28th October 2005
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Video splitter is built in windows. It is called quartz.dll. When other splitter is registered, this one get unregistered. Matroska splitter won't split avi files, just .mkv files. SO, try to re-register quartz.dll (you'll find many posts about how to do this) and install codecs\filters needed
http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?t=3042
Old 29th October 2005
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hi, same problem here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscaputo
Hi I'm new on this yhings of players....
Perhaps read my Help2Help-post (especially item (4)).
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

Tags
figure