Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 26th March 2005
BS.Player Newbie

obthorn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Subtitles

When I change a view into a full screen the subtitles disappear very quickly so I can't read them. Everything is fine in window mode. So what's wrong? ver.1.20 b 815
Old 26th March 2005
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

What is the type of subtitles you're using?
Are they shown using BSPlayer's native capability to display subtitles or is some external utility used?
Please refer to item (9) of my Help2Help-post.
(Maybe also let us know what you selected under
rightclick > Options > Preferences> Video > Video rendering
respectively under ... Preferences > Subtitles)

(P.S.: I'm running build 817; unfortunately unable to test under build 815)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 26th March 2005
BS.Player Newbie

It's a txt subtitle. I don't use any external utility. BSplayer opens it. I haven't changed settings.All settings are default. I've tried to change maximum display time but it didn't help.
Old 26th March 2005
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by obthorn
It's a txt subtitle. I don't use any external utility. BSplayer opens it. I haven't changed settings. All settings are default.
OK, unfortunately I've been using BSPlayer for such a long time already, that I cannot remember what are its default settings upon a first/fresh installation.
Quote:
I've tried to change maximum display time but it didn't help.
No, that would indeed not help, as your problem is not so much the maximum time that subtitles are displayed, but instead it is the minimum time (at least that's how I understood it from your post!) Probably your subtitle-format only has a time (or framenumber) indicating the of a subtitle, but no indicator when to end it.
Is the internal format (if opened e.g. in Notepad) something like this:
{3668}{3694} That darn subtitle shows to short!
{3820}{3937} What did you say?
{3937}{4011} Couldn't you read it then?
or is it perhaps something like this:
00:02:27: That darn subtitle shows to short!
00:02:44: What did you say?
00:02:47: Couldn't you read it then?

(P.S.: Isn't there a .srt-subtitlefile available for your movie perhaps?)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 26th March 2005
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

If you try to move the subtitle up, or down, using shift+arrow what does it happens ? Do youhave in subtitle options enabled "draw subtitles to overlay" ?
Old 27th March 2005
BS.Player Newbie

It's like this:
00:02:27: That darn subtitle shows to short!
00:02:44: What did you say?
00:02:47: Couldn't you read it then?

I'll try to find a .srt file and move the subtitle up, or down . Thanks :D I haven't used bsplayer before so I have to get used to it :)
Old 27th March 2005
BS.Player Master

Quote:
I'll try to find a .srt file
Perhaps check under item (9) of my Help2Help-post for some links.
Old 20th November 2005
BS.Player Newbie

snez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default same here

I have the exact same problem but I have only experienced it in .srt subtitles (by loading them through bsplayer). The format is

00:01:37,344 --> 00:01:38,971
Is someone there?

00:01:44,684 --> 00:01:46,652
Oh, shit. I'm probably dead.

I used the same build on my old pc with default settings and no problem. I tried to update to latest version and the problem was still there. The weird thing was that the subs were appearing when I moved the mouse and immediately disappeared when it stopped. Then I came up with this, the subtitles file wasn't the same name as the movie. When I changed it to the movie's filename, additional subtitles appeared, and although they didn't disappear, they were offscreen and not edible with the subtitle properties. They also couldn't be removed. The original subtitles were still there but instead of disappearing this time, they were continually blinking. Alike the first case, they were responding with the mouse in a somewhat similar way. This time, when the mouse was visible on the movie, they were there blinking, and when the mouse disappeared, they also disappeared permanently (all this in fullscreen mode). When not in fullscreen, having the mouse always visible had the subs visible blinking. If this is a bsplayer bug and not some kind of conflict with all those asus's 7800gtx video rendering options turned on, it seems like the subs and mouse are drawed on the same surface which is not right. I hope this is enough information and not been posted before, I didn't manage to fix it through the preferences so I would appreciate any guidelines.

Tags
subtitles