Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 21st December 2005
BS.Player Newbie

algee2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brightness Settings wont Save

yoo,

i looked over this forum and the stickies - but didnt find an answer to my question/problem:

when i go in the color control menu and change something and check the option "remember settings", they work fine but all settings get set back to default when the player was closed.

As rendering mode i have set "Internal render overlay (default)", it seems to be the only mode that playes avi, mpg and wmv files without problems.

I have intel-chip based graphiccard, no idea what model - pentuim 4 ht 3,0 GHz - 512 MB ram. its running on windows xp, got latest updates.

everything else on the player works fine - no other settings get lost expect the color control ones.

the problem is, my screen is very dark, must be some hardwareproblem -so i have to alter brightness manually by software, but the graphiccard settings wont take affect on the videographics in playback.

dont want to modify brightness everytime i open bsplayer again - is there no way to get them saved?
Old 21st December 2005
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Do yoiu change screen resolution when watching films?
I noticed this behaviour only when changing the screen size of my tuner playback.. :?
Old 22nd December 2005
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

If your screen is dark this is the fault of the graphic drivers. Try to update the drivers, and also, try to modify general brightness from your card settings - if you have an intel-based video card then it should be an integrated card and you'll find the settings on the icon in systray that states "intel extreme graphics 2" or something like this.
Blue small display next to the watch->leftclick->graphic options->graphic properties->colour and here adjust gamma and brigthness, but don't forget to save the scheme.

Tags
brightness, save, settings