Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 1st April 2006
BS.player Regular User

Chris_Logan_Hanssen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New guy having problems seeing videos

Well I am new here and I really need your help. Is there anyway that some can make a zip file and send it through Rapidshare or Megaupload all the codec's you use to see all videos in all formats? Thanks.

I do appreciate your assistance.
Old 1st April 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

If you are new here, you must read BSPeter's "READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING" post.
And if you want to know which codec to use with which video, then, still in BSPeter's post, take a look at adicoto's list of codecs.

There's no need to upload ALL the codecs to rapid or mega, you only need codecs for the video format you have, nothing else, otherwise you can incur in conflict problems and bad playback performance
Old 1st April 2006
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio
If you are new here, you must read BSPeter's "READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING" post.
And if you want to know which codec to use with which video, then, still in BSPeter's post, take a look at adicoto's list of codecs.

There's no need to upload ALL the codecs to rapid or mega, you only need codecs for the video format you have, nothing else, otherwise you can incur in conflict problems and bad playback performance
Well like that will help. I have posted the same message in other forums and the other members post links to the same sites you showed me and I downloaded and installed the codec packs and I still have the same problem "Unknown File Format" or "Invalid File Format" thing. I thohgt that we use the same player I thought that someone here can send me the codec's I need to play the videos via Rapidshare or Megaupload and not do the samething you did. My problems will be solved if I get them directly from other people.
Old 1st April 2006
BS.Player Master

If you read the BSPeter's link I posted before ( http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?t=6206 especially items 2 3 and 4 ) you should have read the way to ask for help here..
If you got a BSplayer message "Unknown file format" you may use GSpot to know which codec is needed to play that file and once you know which codec is needed you'll know which codec to download and install ;)

It's not so hard to do, and if you follow these steps you'll never have problems in playing video :)

Once you got the info as described in items 2, 3 and 4 of BSPeter's post we'll be able to help you furter.. I can't tell you which codec to install if you don't tell me which kind of video you are tring to play..
Old 1st April 2006
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

@Chris_Logan_Hanssen
Well, why don't you just give it a try instead of simply saying "Well, like that will help". At least do some effort instead of expecting people to be "clair voyant" and "all knowing" and you yourselves simply sitting back waiting for someone to send you the codecs you need. How should people know what type of movies you play and the codecs you need for those? That's what's explained in that post. (I would especially advise you to read items (3) and (4) instead of just assuming that taking the trouble to read (and follow suggestions given to you) won't help you.) With respect to codec-packs, well ...... (why should we bother to advise you to read... ....).
:?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 1st April 2006
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
@Chris_Logan_Hanssen
Well, why don't you just give it a try instead of simply saying "Well, like that will help". At least do some effort instead of expecting people to be "clair voyant" and "all knowing" and you yourselves simply sitting back waiting for someone to send you the codecs you need. How should people know what type of movies you play and the codecs you need for those? That's what's explained in that post. (I would especially advise you to read items (3) and (4) instead of just assuming that taking the trouble to read (and follow suggestions given to you) won't help you.) With respect to codec-packs, well ...... (why should we bother to advise you to read... ....).
:?
Even though I own a computer I am computer illiterate when it comes to these things. I want to use BSPlayer as my only media player but I need the codecs so I will not have to go to other media players to play videos that BSPlayer can't. Why can you all just send me the codecs and I can install them. I even e-mail the maker of the player and he gave me a link to a program that tells me what codecs I need for a certain video and I tried to use it but since "I am computer illiterate" never used it. I also asked if he can send me the codecs and I never gotten a answer as of yet. I had so many problems with the player I e-mail him about those problems as well and his tech support is somewhat to be desired.
Old 1st April 2006
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Logan_Hanssen
I even e-mail the maker of the player and he gave me a link to a program that tells me what codecs I need for a certain video and I tried to use it but since "I am computer illiterate" never used it.
You tried to use it but never used it? What/how did you try then? :?:
Again: how should people know what type of movies you play and which codecs the makers of those movies have used to create these movies? To find out please download, install and then use e.g. GSpot like explained in the Help2Help-post. (Don't just try, but simply do it!)
:roll:
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 2nd April 2006
BS.Player Master

@Chris_Logan_Hanssen
Since you are so illiterate (but it seems to me that you are a bit lazy :? ) here are the steps to help us to help you..

1. If you have WindowsXP (I hope you know at least this, if not, you'll be able to know if you have it by restarting you PC and then before the mouse cursor appears a window will appear by telling you if it's WindowsXP or Millenium or 98 and so on.. please, don't flame me, I don't know how low is you PC conneissance.. ) download this program: GSpot (I hope you'll be able to un-rar it..)
otherwise download this: GSpot
2. Start this program
3. Don't close GSpot and open the window where the movie file is located
4. Drag & drop the movie file in the GSpot program
5. In the top-right corner of GSpot you'll se a frame called "Video"
6. Tell us what is wrote in "Codec" and "Name" fields

For now this should be enough..

One more thing..

Try to play the video in BSplayer, then right-click on BSplayer controls, then choose "Options" menu item, then "Filters" and "Advanced".
Tell us also what do you see in that window

bye... :roll:
Old 11th April 2006
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
@Chris_Logan_Hanssen
Since you are so illiterate (but it seems to me that you are a bit lazy :? ) here are the steps to help us to help you..

1. If you have WindowsXP (I hope you know at least this, if not, you'll be able to know if you have it by restarting you PC and then before the mouse cursor appears a window will appear by telling you if it's WindowsXP or Millenium or 98 and so on.. please, don't flame me, I don't know how low is you PC conneissance.. ) download this program: GSpot (I hope you'll be able to un-rar it..)
otherwise download this: GSpot
2. Start this program
3. Don't close GSpot and open the window where the movie file is located
4. Drag & drop the movie file in the GSpot program
5. In the top-right corner of GSpot you'll se a frame called "Video"
6. Tell us what is wrote in "Codec" and "Name" fields

For now this should be enough..

One more thing..

Try to play the video in BSplayer, then right-click on BSplayer controls, then choose "Options" menu item, then "Filters" and "Advanced".
Tell us also what do you see in that window

bye... :roll:
Well the videos I have on my system I can't use GSPOT because the format is not supported. What do I do then?
Old 11th April 2006
BS.Player Master

Can you tell us which extension have your movie file?
Can you upload the file on rapidshare?
Old 11th April 2006
BS.Player Master

Does it play in WMP?
If yes: what codec is shown under [File] > [Properties] ?
Old 15th April 2006
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
Can you tell us which extension have your movie file?
Can you upload the file on rapidshare?
All the videos I got are from Rapidshare and are over 100mb, I got those videos from Adult groups and forums.
Old 15th April 2006
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
Does it play in WMP?
If yes: what codec is shown under [File] > [Properties] ?
I'll let you know.

Tags
guy, videos