Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10th September 2006
BS.Player Newbie

nyr1994 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default having some problems with bsplayer

ok ive been usinf this player for almost 2 years now and last month i had some minor problems start. still plays all my files fine its just that if i double click a file it will not open the player. the mouse shows the busy icon as it would normally when i use to open it for about 2 sec and then nothing happens. if i right click the file and hit play it does the same thing. if i right click and hit enqueue in bsplayer the play opens fine and begins playing my file. this is just vbery annoying.

also when i go into preferences and change the file icons or system tray icons they do not work. when i close the preferences window and reopen it to see if the changes were stored the icon pictures are gone again. the slider is where i left it but the actual pictures dodon show unless i click on it again. this corresponds to the icons of my files not changing to the bsplayer icons

iv tried uninstalling and reinstalling and different versions of the player

im currently using build 141.832 bc i didnt care for the newer version with the extensive library in it

someone please help with this
Old 10th September 2006
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Could you try as follows (assuming you're running WinXP):
with BSPlayer not active: rename the file "BSplayer.xml" in
C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\Application Data\BSplayer\ into anything different. Now start BSPlayer, set filetypes in preferences > General, close player and reopen and check.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 11th September 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
Could you try as follows (assuming you're running WinXP):
with BSPlayer not active: rename the file "BSplayer.xml" in
C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\Application Data\BSplayer\ into anything different. Now start BSPlayer, set filetypes in preferences > General, close player and reopen and check.
Or use this utility
http://bsplayer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=32777#32777
Old 11th September 2006
BS.Player Power User

J7N is an unknown quantity at this point

Soon there will be a utility to press the Start button for you...... :roll:

Nyr1994 :: Create the file associations yourself by using Folder Options or Registry Editor.
Old 11th September 2006
BS.Player Newbie

sorry guys im new when it comes to registry stuff ...yes im running xp. i dled the utility and ran it but the problem are still there. as for the person who sugested changing the name of the one file, that did nothing

the other thing im noticing is as oyu all know in the start menu the programs listed will update to include the once you use the most ...well it has put bsplayer pro capture listed at the top, and no simply bsplayer. not sure if that would maybe give more hints inot the problem but i figure more info is helpful ....any ideas?
Old 11th September 2006
BS.Player Master

Are you using BSPlayer Pro? (Or free version?)
From where did you download it?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 12th September 2006
BS.Player Newbie

using bsplayer pro ....if used it on other machines such as my laptop and have had NO problems at all with it .... thats why this make no sense .... almost like osme extension or file is mjissing but ihave o idea what it could be
Old 12th September 2006
BS.Player Master

As a purchaser of BSPlayer Pro holding an officially obtained registration code, you're entitled to receive technical email support from BSPlayer-team directly (support@bsplayer.com).
Old 12th September 2006
BS.Player Newbie

sorry its not pro its the standard free version my mistake

just weird that no one has had an issue like this