Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   BS Player Error (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=8340)

Tizio 18th May 2007 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adicoto
Also found some refferences to key cracking software, but it seems this is not related to this case.

@Tizio: Congrats for your new machine. Do you run Vista ?

@sgc
So you are a BSplayer Pro customer user?! Sorry, I didn't got it..
You have to wait untill tomorrow (or monday) for a reply from BSplayer devs, after 5-6 o'clock (GMT) I think they go home since the working day it's over.. :roll:

@adicoto
well, I had to replace my old "mummy" (as you told me in a post of yours some time ago) :lol:
I opted for a DELL 9400 (or E1705 for US costumers) notebook (it cost me a bit more than I wanted, but it really deserves it) :cool:
I tried Vista, but since a good firewall has not yet been developped for it I decided to only run it on virtual machines (unfortunally this means that at this time I can't test my GPU features on Vista, for example EVR rendering method :cry: )...

sgc 18th May 2007 07:58 PM

Hi Guys,

Once again thanks for all your efforts and support, I think I may have sussed the problem.

When I open a movie file I generally just click on the file from within my file browser. Now I happen to use a 3rd party browser called PowerDesk from Vcom products. On my previous PC's this has never caused any issues with BS Player, but for some reason every tome I open the file directly from Powerdesk, or run BS Player when Power desk is running in the background I get this fault.

If I use the ordinary windows explorer or just open the file using the search menu within BS Player there is no problem, so the issue definitely appears to be some interaction between BS Player and PowerDesk.

What it is I have no idea yet and perhaps only the developers can answer that one based on the fault codes appearing, but at least for now I can work around the problem by simply opening the files from within BS Player.

As I have never had this interactive issue between the two it was something that never occurred to me, but at least some progress is being made.

regards

Tizio 18th May 2007 08:05 PM

Finally you found the culprit! Congrats, this way the devs will have something to work with and not just an error code :D (and believe me, usually it's almost useless without the knowledge of the real method to reproduce the problem)

In latest releases BSplayer had problems also with TotalCommander.. but since I don't use it I don't know if the problem has been solved.. J7N used it, right? If you read this can you tell us if the problem gone or not? Thanks :)

BSPeter 18th May 2007 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tizio
@sgc
So you are a BSplayer Pro customer user?! Sorry, I didn't got it..
You have to wait untill tomorrow (or monday) for a reply from BSplayer devs, after 5-6 o'clock (GMT) I think they go home since the working day it's over.. :roll:

??????? (I wouldn't refer a non-Pro-user to BS.Player-team, would you?)
:wink:

BSPeter 18th May 2007 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgc
No PM messages received to date and it is the Pro Version not the lite/free version

You would also qualify for direct support by BS.Player-team if you were a Pro-Lite user.
:wink:
Only a FREE-user has no right to get direct technical (e-mail) support.
Check out the differences here.
Anyhow I'm glad you seem to be on the right track!
Maybe BS.Player-team will be able to help you further (and - it so seems - vice versa).
I still cannot understand why they didn't react at all to you so-far (either by e-mail, or by pm or by posting in this forum) as they (IHMO) should have done!