Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 31st July 2007
BS.Player Newbie

lyapkost is an unknown quantity at this point
Default player crashes (problem with sound?)

BS.Player 2.22. When playing some files, player crashes after few seconds (well, it just closes without any explanations or error reports). I've made video to test this bug: http://lyapkost.spb.ru/test.avi

I think, the problem causes soud, because when I encode the same file without sound - everything's ok, it plays normally.

The problem doesn't occur in player v. 1.37, wich I used before.

(Excuse for my bad english :))
Old 31st July 2007
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Just downloaded your test.avi and played it in BS.Player 2.22 without any problems.
If you suspect sound, could you please load movie (need not play) and then check the information under:
(richtclick >) Options > Filters > Advanced (also click on the [+]s shown there to get further info).
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 31st July 2007
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
If you suspect sound, could you please load movie (need not play) and then check the information under:
(richtclick >) Options > Filters > Advanced (also click on the [+]s shown there to get further info).
I can't check this info! Even if I load the movie and press space immediately, player closes after couple seconds. Look: http://lyapkost.spb.ru/crash.avi
Old 1st August 2007
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Can you in AC3-Filter's properties (I'm still using 0.70b version, but (as the test-sample has no AC3 sound) you're probably using a recent version which can also handle mpeg layer III sound) switch off it being used for mpeg 3. Does that make a difference?

P.S.:
I noticed from the appearing of the black video-window with "Playback" (abbreviated) in it, that you have "Auto play" selected in
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > [General].
If you start BS.Player by its executable, then first deselect "Autoplay" and then load the video-file (without pressing "Play"), you may have more time to check filters before BS.Player exits (if it exits).
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 1st August 2007
BS.Player Newbie

The same. Even with "Autoplay" disabled player closes in 2-3 seconds.

It was AC3Filter v. 1.09a. It handles mpeg-3. I've disabled this option. Didn't help. I've uninstalled filter at all. The same s*it. I've downloaded and installed latest version 1.45b (http://ac3filter.net/project/1/releases) - nothing has changed. :(

I've noticed that the bug comes out in .avi video shooted by various digital cameras. And it's defenitely because of sound - everything's ok without soud. Another test file, the same problem: http://lyapkost.spb.ru/test2.avi

Maybe it will help too... The sound in such files is damaged or something like that - for example, when I try to re-encode sound in VirtualDub, it crashes with error:
Quote:
An out-of-bounds memory access (access violation) occurred in module 'VirtualDub'...
...reading address 00000000...
...while compressing audio (w32audiocodec.cpp:372)...
...while running thread "Dub-I/O" (thread.cpp:150).
But anyway, other videoplayers do play this! And old BS.Player did!
Old 1st August 2007
BS.Player Power User

J7N is an unknown quantity at this point

VirtualDub will crash most of the time with variable bitrate MP3 audio. You must demultiplex the sound to edit it using another program.
Old 1st August 2007
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J7N
VirtualDub will crash most of the time with variable bitrate MP3 audio.
a) It's a myth.
b) Both test videos as you may notice have a cbr mp3 sound.

Tags
crashes, player, sound