Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 6th July 2009
BS.player Regular User

Gilles is on a distinguished road
Unhappy [solved] The video window has disappeared ...

Hello,

Yesterday, last time I used BSplayer, everything worked fine.
Today, I want to open a video file, the reader opens, I get the sound but the video window isn't there .... I tried to look everywhere on the options, then updated the player to the latest version (free), but no changes ... I restarted the computer, no changes ... tried with many video files that works usually, same, still no video ... and I did nothing since the last time I used it ... no install, nothing ... why is my video window suddenly gone? And how to get it back??

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

Problem finally solved how it appeared ...
That's the mystery of computers ....

Last edited by Gilles; 6th July 2009 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Problem solved
Old 6th July 2009
BS.player Regular User

Crap, .... now it happens again
Now with 720p videos only

Actually, when I select "not remember the window position", then it works with small sized files, but still not with big videos such the 720p ones ...

HELP
Old 6th July 2009
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Do you use TV-out ? Is it possible that the video window remains on the secondary monitor ?
Old 6th July 2009
BS.player Regular User

Unhappy

Yes, I tried that ... but no, the window isn't there ...
"normal" files works (while it didn't before, when "not remember the window position" was unchecked), but 720p files still don't ...

Actually when I uncheck again the option "not remember the window position", then the window disappears again with every files

What's going on??

I never had this problem before!!
Old 6th July 2009
BS.player Regular User

Ok, new weird stuff ... when I click on a 720p file, then the window isn't there ... when I open a normal file, then, with the player open it, then it appears .... goshhh ...
Old 6th July 2009
BS.player Regular User

Now, something else strange happened ....
What I did was when the 720p was opened with the "open" button in bsplayer, I unchecked the "remember position", now it seems to work ...

But, now, the divx logo appears on the image, while the option to show that logo in the divx codec settings is unchecked ... how can I put this off while the option is already off?? is it possible that a second divx codec could be installed somewhere?
(by the way, this logo only appears with BSplayer, not with my other players ...)

This thing also changed the settings of my screensaver (from 15 minutes to 1 minute) (!!!!!!).

Last edited by Gilles; 6th July 2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old 6th July 2009
BS.Player Master

Something is weird over there.

OK, for the DivX decoder, probably there is another decoder that it's used (DivX 5.2 located in system32 folder ? ) and probably it's installed by a codec pack and you can't find where to uncheck the "show logo" ?

Do you run Windows Vista ?
Old 6th July 2009
BS.player Regular User

I have XP.

I have checked for another version of the divx codec on the computer and found nothing else. I have uninstalled the latest version of BSplayer and put back the one I had before (2.3 something), no changes, put back the latest, no changes. Before doing this, I never had this little divx icon in the system tray while running videos. It also asked me to install ffdshow for bsplayer only (it said it was missing). So, now I uninstalled the "ffdshow" file that was installed in th bsplayer directory. No changes ... Maybe I should reinstall the codec pack (satsuki) I had before doing this step today, everything worked perfectly with that ...
Old 6th July 2009
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

With a file loaded where you have such logo:
(rightclick >) Options > Filters > Advanced
Then you can access the divx decoder used by BS.Player
On its properties / Quality settings check/select "Disable logo"
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 6th July 2009
BS.Player Master

Open a file. If DivX logo appears, then rigthclick -> options -> filters -> advanced and you will see there a DivX decoder. If you click on it, on the rigth you will find the file name and the path to it. Go there and rename the file (or just delete it)
Old 6th July 2009
BS.player Regular User

Thank you, there's still this system tray that opens now.
But I think that while installing BSplayer, it randomly modified some settings on my computer ... everytime I update BSplayer, I have such problems ...
Last time it modified my default internet browser and changed the settings of my screensaver ....

Now, I believe it did the same and changed the divx settings somewhere .... as it again changed the settings of my screensaver ... I hope I won't have other surprises ...

Possible to remove this system tray?
Old 6th July 2009
BS.Player Master

Can you do a printscreen of the running tasks on your computer and post it here ?
Old 6th July 2009
BS.player Regular User

Ok, will do that, but I realized there's a process called "Divxsm.exe" and when I kill it, the icon disappear. Which is a good news. But it start again everytime I open a file (not every video files actually, not the MKV for example)
Old 6th July 2009
BS.Player Master

DivxSM.exe it's usually located in system32 folder too. You can delet the file with no regrets ;)
As for MKV, usually DivX it's not used in such a container.
No need for a printscreen anymore.
Old 6th July 2009
BS.player Regular User

Okay, but why this thing suddenly appears now?
Isn't there an option to just "hide" system tray icon somewhere, without having to delete the file?
Old 6th July 2009
BS.Player Master

You can use the option to hide the icon that is built-in Windows. I am runing Windows Seven and currently it does not support DivX and can't test how to hide the icon.
Old 6th July 2009
BS.player Regular User

Thank you!
But wher can I find this "built-in" thing?
Old 6th July 2009
BS.Player Master

I don't recal lexactly, but I may be close ;)
Rightclick on the task bar -> properties -> taskbar -> and somwhere in here there should be a button for hiding or selecting which icon to display.
Old 6th July 2009
BS.player Regular User

Thanks!

I haven't found, but after all, this isn't such a big deal to have this icon ...
Just weird that it appeard when installing the latest BSplayer ...
Old 7th July 2009
BS.player Regular User

By the way, just found out some other settings that have been randomly changed ... the double click didn't switch to full screen anymore, as well as the capture image didn't work anymore, the shortcuts have been disabled ...
That is very annoying, .... so what I just did was to, completely remove every trace of BSplayer on my computer and reinstall version 2.3.1 ... and all the settings came back to normal, well just need now to change my preferences .... HOW ANNOYING

EDIT:

Just got the same problem again (window disappeared), just by checking or unchecking the "memorise position" stuff .... must play with that long time to finally get it back ... I will never touch this button anymore

Tags
disappeared, video, window