Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Subtitles
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Subtitles Post question about BS.Player and subtitles (srt sub ssa mkv) here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10th December 2010
BS.player Regular User

Zatos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default [unconfirmed] Changing subs' font size caused subs to display at top of screen

I found out that downloading subs in background is not the only thing that's buggy. I changed the font size for the subtitles which caused them to display at the top of the screen - I think where the OSD is displayed. But I disabled the 'drawing subtitles under evr' thingy and reenabled it and got them back at the bottom.
Old 10th December 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Using old or new subtitle parser/renderer?
Using "EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer)" as Rendering mode?
How did you change fontsize?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 11th December 2010
BS.player Regular User

1. I don't know. Whatever is default on the latest version.
2. Yes
3. Preferences -> subtitles -> Primary subtitles/Font
Old 11th December 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

If you don't know, you can check:
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Subtitles [Subtitle properties]
If "Use new subtitle parser/renderer" isn't selected/checked you're using "old" subs-engine.
I also think that's still default (untill all bugs related to subs and new engine have been solved).
However, I meanwhile also tried with old subtitle engine and couldn't reproduce your experience.
Can you yourself reproduce it? (Could you also test with new subs-engine please?)
Can any other user with Windows 7 64 bit please also test this?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 14th December 2010
BS.player Regular User

Ok, I am using the old subs engine.

This issue is 100% reproducable every time I try. It appears it has nothing to do with where the OSD position is being displayed. It appears it doesn't matter if I check the EVR option - anything I click in subtitles properties will cause them to display correctly at the bottom again.

Using the old or new engine doesn't matter - it does the same thing on both.

Tags
caused, changing, font, size, subs