View Single Post
Old 18th February 2004
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

What I tried to say in my post is that it is not always possible for people with other hardware and/or OS to reproduce the problem (and what's more of interest to suggest a solution). Especially as the problem under consideration seems to be pretty much the result of a combination of several factors, such as e.g. graphics card and the possible overlay settings thereof and perhaps also e.g. Windows-version.
That being said I can indeed not move subtitles if I select video "Overlay mode 1" (which on itself does not cause the problem) and "Draw subtitle to overlay surface" (which possibility was made especially for subtitles on TV with Matrox cards in mind, but I have no Matrox card; it's under this option that subtitles are "unmovable"). Subtitles' size can indeed be changed like Tiao Macaleh also mentions, but with me subtitles are properly shown at the bottom of the moviescreen so I do NOT have Tiao Macaleh's problem of having to
Quote:
.... watch a movie with subs in the midle of it
I cannot exhaustively test further on this problem (using different overlay modes) as these lead to other problems in my configuration and/or with my videocard's settings, and as I don't like to entirely foul up my system, I concluded my post with
Quote:
So the only thing I can advise you is also play around a bit with video-overlay settings (incl. VMR).
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20