View Single Post
Old 20th April 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Toadee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BSPlayer very slow to open

Hi

I run 2 machines (one at work and one at home) that are as near as identical in terms of hardware: Athlon 3000+, 768Mb Ram, WinXP.

I use BSPlayer 1.02b812 at work and 1.22b817 at home. I use Total Commander 6.50 at work and 6.51 at home for file management. The codec packs on the two machines also differ.

When i start Total Commander and navigate to a directory containing video files (regardless of type) the program uses 100% of the CPU for 10 seconds during which the screen freezes. After that everything returns to normal, but once you double-click on a video file associated with BSPlayer it takes about 5-10 seconds to start the video, with 100% CPU usage, after which system performance again returns to normal and the playback is fine.

Similarly, if I navigate to the BSPlayer install directory the same system freezing occurs upon entering the directory.

I found the same thing happening when using Microsoft's Windows Explorer to enter the BSplayer install directory but not a directory containing video.

I found that if i turn of file association icons in Total Commander that the directory perfomance is perfect but that video playback start is still VERY slow.

I have resorted to using rival players but desperately want to return to using BSPlayer if somebody out there has an idea or solution.

Thanks for reading my sad essay!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20